Strangefrost

Title: I'm here
Pairing: Loki Laufeyson x Dr Stephen Strange

____________________

Loki opened his eyes.

He was standing in a field, the same field where Odin died. But everything felt wrong, felt off.

Loki could see a settlement in the distance, the little buildings reminded him of the small village homes from Asgard.

He made his way down there, seeing many people he recognized from Asgard. As he made his way toward the settlement's center, he saw Lady Sif talking with Valkyrie.

"Lady Sif! Valkyrie!" Loki called out, but they didn't react. He came closer to them, confused. "Lady Sif?" He repeated. "Valkyrie?"

He waved his hand in front of their faces, but they didn't even seem to see him. He was getting frustrated now, he didn't like being ignored.

"Oh, for Odin's sake!" He shouted, reaching out to grab Lady Sif's shoulders. To his shock, his hands went right through her, like a ghost.

"What is happening?" Loki says to himself in horror. "Am I dead? Is this...is this hel?"

"No." A familiar voice says behind him. Loki whirled around, seeing the sorcerer he and he Thor had encountered what felt like just a short time ago.

"You." Loki says in shock. "Did you do this?--"

"No, I didn't." Strange says sternly.

"What's happening here?" Loki asks, confused and overwhelmed.

"You're in the mirror dimension. Well, your consciousness is anyway." Strange answers. "Your soul was separated from your body and ended up here. I came here to bring you back."

Loki was silent for a moment. He was so overwhelmed, all he wanted to do was curl into a ball and die.

"Is Thor alive?" Loki asks, tears in his eyes.

"Yes. Now come on, let's go see him." Strange says, opening a portal back to earth. Loki slowly followed him through it, finding himself in a bright, sunlit room. Upon a king sized bed made up with white linen bedding laid Loki's physical body.

Loki was unsure of what to do at first, but Stephen guided him next to the bed, telling him to go back to his body.

Loki laid down within his body, feeling an odd tingling sensation throughout his form.

He then gasped for air, his eyes flying open. He looked around the room, seeing Strange still standing there. The sorcerer called Thor into the room, and a moment later the god of thunder appeared in the doorway.

"Loki!" Thor exclaimed, rushing over to Loki's side. Loki sprang up to his feet and wrapped his arms around his brother, clinging to him for dear life.

"I missed you." Loki says quietly, heart bursting with joy. He looked at Stephen with such immeasurable gratitude, he would forever be in the sorcerer's debt, that was for sure.

-a year later-

Loki had settled into his new home here in New Asgard. He'd met Thor's adopted daughter Love, and had also started helping The Avenger's with some of their missions.

One day, Loki was at the Kamar-Taj library to study some more spells when he heard a loud clatter from the entrance.

He peeked out, seeing a black man in green hooded robes standing over the library keeper's unconscious form.

Loki gasped, scrambling backwards and hiding away in a corner. He was trying his best to be quiet, but in his hasty retreat into hiding, he'd bumped a table with a ming vase atop it. The object teetered for a moment before crashing to the floor, shattering loudly.

A moment later, the man walked over to where Loki was cowering, looking down at him with a twisted look of satisfaction on his face.

"Found you." He says darkly before thrusting his hand forward. A rope of golden sparks wrapped around his wrist, yanking him away from Loki. The frightened god yelped, scrambling away from the intruder. He was relieved to Stephen there, but at the same time it filled him with even more fear.

"Strange." The intruder growled. "You are defending a monster, you know. He tried to destroy our world, he is no better than the likes of Mephisto or Dormammu."

"He's not what you say he is." Stephen retorted. "And don't you dare compare him to Mephisto."

With that, Stephen sent the intruder through a portal straight to a holding cell beneath Kamar-Taj where his magic wouldn't work.

"Hey." Stephen says softly, kneeling down beside Loki and gently pushing some of his long black hair out of his face. "It's okay. It's all over, you're safe now."

Loki threw his arms around Stephen's neck, bringing their lips together. Stephen tangled his fingers into Loki's soft black locks, deepening the kiss as Loki's hands gripped at Stephen's cloak.

"I love you." Loki whispers. "I love you."

"I love you too, Loki." Stephen says, stroking Loki's face and wiping away his tears. "I love you in every universe."

⟨•‹∆›•⟩