Strangefrost

Soundtrack: "Nonsense" by Sabrina Carpenter

College AU
___________________

Loki looked at himself in the mirror. He looked like a mess. His hair looked perpetually oily no matter how many times he washed it, and clothes that were too big just kind of hung off his skinny frame like he was a coat hanger. So he decided to pull his hair back into a tight bun at the back of his head and wear a tight Paramore t-shirt with distressed skinny jeans. He threw on a pair of comfy old Converse sneakers and his worn out old denim jacket and headed out the door.

He had told his older brother, Thor, that he'd meet him at their favorite little bar down the block from the dormitory.
It was their friend, Valkyrie's, 21st birthday today, so they thought, what better way to celebrate than going out and getting absolutely wasted?

When Loki walked in, he found Thor and Valkyrie sat at a table with Bruce, Sylvie, Korg, and Hela. Thor and Bruce had been together for about three months now, and things were getting pretty serious. As for Hela, she was sitting with her girlfriend Agatha Harkness, and Sylvie was with their girlfriend, Wanda Maximoff. But Valkyrie was all alone.

"Where's Carol?" Loki asks, sitting down beside Valkyrie.

"She'll be here eventually, she just had to go help her friend Maria with something. You know, the one with the little girl?" Valkyrie says.

Just then, the new med student at their university, Stephen Strange, walked in with his high school friends Wong, Mordo, Christine, and Clea.

"Hey, guys! We're over here!" Thor called out to them. He had recently befriended Strange and Wong, they would play Fortnite together with his friend Korg almost every Saturday.

"Hey, Thor. How's it going?" Stephen says, taking a seat at their table.

"Oh, Loki, this is the guy I was telling you about. The med student." Thor says, and Loki felt his heart lurch into his throat. "Stephen, this is my brother, Loki. You know, the one who kicked your ass on Fortnite last Saturday?"

"You're kidding. I thought that was Hela." Stephen lied, and Hela scoffed.

"I wouldn't be caught dead in the skin he was wearing, Stephen. Trust me." Hela says, always deadpan and dead serious.

Loki was bright red with embarrassment now. Last Saturday, he and Stephen did in fact meet in a game of Fortnite, but um...

They had just kinda started flirting. In fact, Loki only killed him in the game so that Thor wouldn't figure out what he'd done.

"Oh, here she is." Valkyrie says, looking over at the doorway where Carol Danvers stood. "Hey, we're over here!"

Carol quickly made her way over to the table, taking a seat beside Valkyrie. "Happy birthday, Val."

"Thanks, hun." Valkyrie says, stealing a quick kiss right in front of everyone.

They didn't care though. That was just Valkyrie being Valkyrie.

As the night drew to a close, Loki decided it would be best he got a ride home instead of trying to walk back to the dormitory.

Fortunately, Stephen was more than willing to drive him back to the dorms.

As the two, stumbled into Loki's room, they started tugging on each other's clothes, desperate to take them off. The night ended with them curled up naked in Loki's bed.

-

The next morning, Loki awoke with his head resting on Stephen's chest. Instead of trying to sneak away like he usually would have done, he snuggled in closer. Something about Stephen just felt so right to him. So safe.

"Morning, Loki." Stephen says softly, fingers playing with Loki's soft raven hair.

"Morning, Steph." Loki sighs, and for once his habit of getting drunk and screwing around with people he didn't know that well had truly paid off.

And he knows that now, he's gonna break the habit, because the only person he wants to screw around with now is right here next to him...

"\/"