Lokius

Soundtrack: "I love you" by Billie Eilish

(No powers AU)
__________________

It's not true...

Loki laid in his bed, clutching the pillow he'd taken from Mobius' apartment so many months ago. He knows he should probably get rid of it, but it smells like him.

It smells like Mobius, and that's just always been so comforting to Loki, especially right now.

Tell me I've been lied to...

You see, Loki and Mobius were in New York to celebrate Loki's adopted brother Thor finally getting engaged to his boyfriend of 7 years, Bruce Banner. Sylvie and Hela were there as well, Hela was with her fianceé Lorna Dane, and Sylvie was with their wife of six years, Ravonna Renslayer. Loki was the only one of his family not currently married or engaged, and it made him feel nervous. He began to wonder if Mobius even wanted to be married to him. That night, Loki took Mobius out to the balcony so they could talk in private, and that was when Mobius said I love you for the first time.

What the hell did I do?

But Loki didn't say it back. He was afraid, he wanted this more than anything, but he was so afraid to lose everything, so he just left the party without saying another word.

Never been the type to let someone see right through...

That was three weeks ago, and now Loki is on a flight back to New York to visit his family, maybe stay with his friend from college, Dr Stephen Strange, for a while.

As Loki walked into the bar, Stephen introduced Loki to his friends Wong and Mordo, and his new fianceé Clea.

There it was again. Everyone's getting married or is already married but Loki. Hell, even Tony, Loki's friend from grade school, is married to Pepper Potts. And Sam and Bucky from high school are married now too. Not to mention Nat and Wanda from his grad school, now married with twin boys.

The smile that you gave me, even when you felt like dying...

A few days later, Loki was walking through central park on his way back to Stephen's apartment when he ran into Mobius.

We fall apart as it gets dark...

"Loki, please talk to me." Mobius begs, holding Loki's shoulders.

I'm in your arms, in Central Park...

"I'm scared." Loki blurts out. "I don't want to lose this. I don't want to lose us."

"Loki, what are you talking about?" Mobius says softly, his hands going to Loki's tear streaked face.

There's nothing you can do or say...

"I don't want you to leave." Loki says softly.
"I don't want you to leave me, like everyone else has."

"I'm not going anywhere, Loki. Ever. I promise you that." Mobius says, shedding a few tears of his own. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Lokes."

I can't escape the way...

"Oh, Mobius." Loki whispers, tears of anguish turning to tears of joy. "I love you..."