MoonFrost- 💙💚💙Mental Health Awareness Month Special 💙💚💙

Title: The One
Soundtrack: "The One" by Taylor Swift
Pairing: Marc Spector/Steven Grant/Jake Lockley x Loki Laufeyson

__________________

Loki laid in his bed, listening to music on his Spotify playlist. It was a collection of sad songs about loss, pain, and heartbreak, and the song currently playing was The One by Taylor Swift.

'We were something, don't you think so? Roaring twenties, tossing pennies in the pool, and it would fun if you could've been the one...'

Why was Loki so upset?

He had just broken up with his boyfriend, Marc. They had decided that with everything that was going on with Khonshu, it was too dangerous for them to be with Loki. They had already lost Layla, they couldn't lose Loki, not like that.

As the song drew to a close and the next song began to play, the painfully familiar chords of Breathe by Taylor Swift and Colbie Caillat began to play.

'And we know it's never simple, never easy, never a clean break, no one here to save me, you're the only thing I know like the back of my hand...'

-

Meanwhile, in his flat, Steven woke to find their bed far too empty. They looked around, trying to find Loki.

"Loki? Love, are you there?" Steven called out, worried.

"He's not here, Steven." Marc says from the mirror.

"What? Where is he?" Steven says softly, panicked. "Oh, Gods. Harrow didn't find him, did he?"

"No, Steven." Marc says, not entirely sure how to break it to him.

"Just tell me what happened, Marc." Steven says, tears welling up in his sweet brown eyes.
"Please, I need to know."

"No, you don't." Marc says, and suddenly Steven felt a terrible pain in his head. "Trust me, it's easier this way, Buddy."

Steven opened his mouth to say something, but then suddenly he blacked out.

When he came to, he didn't remember anything about their Loki. He didn't remember waking up wrapped in strong, protective arms, or the feeling of cold skin under his fingers. He didn't remember looking into bright blue eyes, or running his fingers through soft locks of silky black hair.

He didn't remember anything.

-

A few months later, Loki accepted an invitation from Thor to go to The London Museum with him and Love.

As the god passed by the gift shop, he saw their sweet boy at the cash register, apparently Donna put him on cashier duties today.

"Have a wonderful day." Steven said politely to the customer who quickly gathered the stuffed Tawaret plushie they'd purchased and left rather rudely. "Can I help you with anything, sir?" He asks Loki, and that was when the god realized that Marc must have used some of Khonshu's power to make his dear Steven forget about Loki.

Loki looked at the little egyptian mythology inspired items fondly, remembering all the nights when he would sit and listen to Steven rambling on about Egyptian Mythology for hours. He could never get bored of him, though. Ever.

"See anyone you like?" Steven's voice tore Loki back to reality.

"Well, I am rather fond of this little bird." Loki says nonchalantly, holding a small Khonshu plushie, much like the one they'd given Loki for the god's birthday so many months ago. "Could you tell me more about him?" Loki asks, he just needed to hear Steven talking about Egyptian Mythology again.