WandaNat

Title: Girl in Red
Song: "Girls" by Girl in Red
Pairing: Wanda Maximoff and Natasha Romanoff
Rating: PG-13
Words: 1,190

_____________________

Natasha and Wanda had been friends for a long while by now. They'd first bonded over the Girl in Red song Wanda was listening to in her room one day when Natasha happened to be walking by and overheard what happened to be her favorite Girl in Red song, Girls.

They're so pretty, it hurts/ I'm not talking about boys I'm talking about girls/ they're so pretty with their button up shirts

Natasha wasn't ashamed of her sexuality. She was perfectly happy and secure in herself. She'd been a lesbian her whole life, and she knew it would never change. She also knew that Wanda was the most beautiful girl she'd ever seen, and that she was head over heels in love with her.

Wanda on the other hand, was terrified by what she was feeling for her best friend. She'd never felt attraction this strong before. Hell, she'd never felt attraction at all before. But now, everytime she looks at Natasha, she feels her heart start beating faster and faster, and she gets dizzy and there's this strange warm feeling spreading deep in her lower abdomen. Wanda didn't know what was going on with herself anymore, so she confided in her brother Pietro.

"Pietro, can I talk to you about something?" Wanda said, walking into Pietro's room in The Avenger's compound. He was watching Kick Ass on the flat screen TV.

"What's wrong, sis?" Pietro asks, muting the TV. Not like anyone wanted to hear Evan Peters talking anyway...

"I think I might like girls..." Wanda says, feeling the blush in her face. "And I know it's wrong, but--"

"Wanda, that's nothing to be ashamed of. Believe me, I was ashamed of my own sexuality for a long time, but then I met Bruce, and now I've never been happier." Pietro says, putting his hands on Wanda's shoulders. "Now, who is this beautiful angel that's stolen your heart?"

"Natasha." Wanda says quietly, blush deepening. "She's so strong, yet she's also so gentle. And she's smart, funny, and just
...so beautiful. I've had a crush on her for a while, but I didn't realize what it was until just a few months ago. I tried to ignore it, tried to push it down, but... I'm in love with her. I'm in love with Natasha Romanoff. And that will never change."

"Then you need to tell her that, Wanda." Pietro says.

"What?! No! I can't just tell her that!" Wanda says indignantly.

"Why not?" Pietro asks, furrowing his brow in confusion.

"It would ruin our friendship. There's no way of knowing if she feels the same way." Wanda explains, walking away from Pietro with her hands tugging slightly on her dark reddish-brown hair.

"Wanda...are you serious right now?" Pietro says, looking at Wanda with a deadpan expression.

"What do you mean? Of course I'm being serious." Wanda says, rolling her eyes in exasperation as she crosses her arms.

"Wanda... Natasha is a lesbian. Everyone knows that." Pietro says. "...you didn't know that?"

"No. Maybe she just assumed I knew. I mean, she did say that my one red button up shirt brought out the blue in my eyes. I guess I just took it as a friendly compliment."

"She's crushing hard on you, Wanda." Pietro says. "Take my advice, you need to tell her how you feel about her. It's pretty obvious she likes you, sis."

The next day, Wanda invited Natasha on a walk around the compound. The compound was surrounded by oaks and maples, all turning beautiful shades of red, orange, and yellow. The sun was beginning to set over the trees, casting the sky in shades of pink, orange, red, blue, and purple. Wanda was wearing a black button up shirt and tight dark wash blue skinny jeans with black knee-high boots. Wanda was wearing a simple black sweatshirt and bootcut jeans with white converse sneakers.

"Have you talked to Steve lately?" Wanda asks, tucking a stray strand of her hair back behind her ear.

"Yeah, he's still trying to find Bucky. He hasn't gotten very far yet though." Natasha says, sneakily glancing at Wanda's lips.

"The way Steve talks about Bucky, it almost sounds like he was in love." Wanda says. "At least, it reminds me of how my father used to talk about my mother. Very adoring and affectionate."

"Have you ever been in love, Wanda?" Natasha asks suddenly, stopping Wanda in her tracks.

"Well, no. I spent most of my teen years in an orphanage, then after that I was in a Hydra base being experimented on. I never really had a chance to be in a relationship with anyone." Wanda says truthfully. Well, as truthfully as she could manage.

"Well, you have a chance now." Natasha says subtly.

"As if anyone would want me." Wanda responds.

"Wanda, you're one of the most beautiful girls on earth. Any man would be lucky to have a girl like you." Natasha says, trying to fight the blush in her face.

"What if I didn't want a man?" Wanda says quietly. "What if I wanted
...a woman?

"Then any woman would be lucky to have you, too." Natasha says, trying to not get her hopes up. Wanda was just her friend, she was just her friend and nothing more, right?

"Would you date me?" Wanda asks, biting her lip out of anxiety.

"Of course I would. I would take you to all the nicest restaurants and get you jewelry and then I'd take you home, take you to bed and ravish you until you forget your own name." Natasha says, fighting the urge to just kiss Wanda right then and there.

"...really?" Wanda says, face red with a persistent blush.

"Of course. It's what you deserve. And I hope you find a girl who does all of that and more."

"I already found her." Wanda says with a smirk.

"Who is she?" Nat asks, feeling a little jealous but mostly happy for her friend.

"I'm looking at her." Wanda says, grabbing Natasha's face in her hands and pulling her into a passionate, desperate kiss. Natasha immediately kissed back, tangling her fingers in Wanda's hair.

"Natasha...You're so pretty, it hurts." Wanda says quietly, looking up into Natasha's eyes.

"You're so pretty in your button-up shirts." Natasha says, grinning like an idiot.

A few minutes later, Natasha took Wanda up to her room and made good on her promise to make Wanda forget her own name...

Ten years later...

Wanda sat on the couch, watching an old episode of The Office. Pietro was out in the front yard with Natasha, playing a little game of touch football with Billy and Tommy.

About a year after Wanda and Natasha got together, they got married, and a year after that, they decided they were ready to start a family, so Wanda used what she now knew was Chaos Magic to make herself pregnant with their twins, Billy and Tommy. Billy had some of the same abilities as Wanda, while Tommy had super-speed like his uncle Pietro.

It wasn't easy being parents and Avengers, but Wanda and Natasha were determined to make it work.

Because Family is Forever...