Ironfrost/Strangefrost

Title: Love Me
Soundtrack: "Lose you to love me" by Selena Gomez
"Heavy" by Linkin Park feat Kiiara
"Little Did I Know" by Julia Michaels
Pairing: Tony Stark x Loki Laufeyson, Dr Strange x Loki Laufeyson

:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:

In the wake of the tragedy in Lagos, the UN was going to enforce something called the Sokovia Accords, restricting what The Avengers could do to protect the world from all the terrible things that threatened it. And this was a problem for all the Avengers, including Loki, since he was an Avenger.

At the battle of New York, Loki saw the carnage he had caused, and agreed to help his brother and the others stop the Ch'tauri. Afterwards, Loki became an Avenger, moved into Avenger's Tower, and officially started helping them on their missions. He helped reclaim his old scepter from the HYDRA base, helped fight against Ultron, even put up a pretty sizeable fight against the Maximoff girl at one point.

But nothing was worse than this.

The team was falling apart, and it was all Loki and Wanda's fault. They were unable to contain the explosion from the suicide vest, and now, innocent people were dead.

All because of their mistake.

Loki should've never joined them. He always makes mistakes. He's the best at it. All his life, he screwed everything up. And now, he's gonna have to screw up his relationship with Tony.

Because Loki wants Steve to find Bucky, to help his poor, broken little friend. He wants Wanda to have her freedom. He wants The Avengers to be able to do what they need to do to protect Midgard.
And he wants his own freedom too. Freedom from this, for lack of a better word, toxic relationship with Stark.

So that's why Loki is doing what he's doing right now, helping Wanda to help Steve and Bucky escape to the jet as T'challa chases after them at an absolutely insane speed.

"You're helping the wrong team, Loki." Wanda says jokingly.

"It doesn't matter. You deserve your freedom, Wanda. When this is done, I want you to go with The Vision, and go far away from here. Live happily ever after, darling."

With that, Loki released the falling tower, allowing it to crumble to the ground. Then he rushed over to a field, where he could see Tony crouched over Rhodey.

"What's happened?" Loki says in shock. He could see that Rhodey was injured, that his suit was broken, and he'd free fallen from the sky.

"We have to get him to a doctor." Tony says, his eyes filled with anger and guilt. He glared at Sam with that look of pure rage. "And I'll deal with you later, Loki."

When they returned to the compound, Loki was sat on the bed in the room he shared with Tony, waiting for him to return from the infirmary.

The paranoia was eating away at Loki. He didn't want to tell Tony he had helped Captain America, Tony's Ex-Boyfriend, escape with the Winter Soldier. Granted, his 'fling' with the Star-spangled Man with a Plan had only lasted about three months, but Tony was still a little sore over how it had ended so terribly.

But no matter how much Loki loved Tony, he had to call it off. He couldn't give Tony's ego the attention it demanded anymore, nor could he stay around in the aftermath of the Berlin incident.

He needed out.

So he left that note on the pillow, along with the watch Tony had given him that Loki now knew had a tracker in it. He snuck out of the compound through the back door, and went to the one place he thought he could still go.

Jane Foster's apartment.
But when he went there, she was gone. Moved out, according to the building manager who was getting the apartment ready to be re-let.

So now, Loki had nowhere else to go, except back to Asgard. So he asked Heimdall to bring him back home, and found himself swept back to the familiar bifrost bridge, to the glistening golden kingdom he had grown up in. He immediately went to the palace, hugging his mother as tight as he could, and saying hello to his brother for the first time in years. He told them both everything that had happened between him and Tony, the toxicity of Tony's narcissism, and how it had led to The Avenger's falling apart. He ended up curled in his old bed, holding his old stuffed toy close to his chest as he silently cried himself to sleep.

This was for the best, he told himself. It was all for the best.

3 years later...

Loki was visiting Midgard, just minding his business, thinking about checking in with Wanda and Vision, when he accidentally bumped into a man in a black hoodie, blue jeans, and red scarf.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Loki says, looking up into what ended up being the most beautiful blue-green eyes he'd ever seen.

"It's quite fine, Loki." The beautiful stranger said smoothly, catching Loki off guard.

"How do you know my--"

"You're not the only sorcerer in this universe, Mr Laufeyson."

"Who are you?"

"Dr Stephen Strange. I'm a Master of the Mystic Arts, protector of reality. Former Neurosurgeon." Stephen says with a small grin. "If you ever want to talk about possibly joining our ranks at Kamar-Taj, Mr Laufeyson, feel free to drop by my... office."
Stephen adds, handing Loki a card with his address on it, making the god blush madly.

"I might just have to take you up on that, Dr Strange." Loki says, a small smirk tugging at the corner of his lips at the prospect of some alone time with this gorgeous man...

§