OctoGoblin

Soundtrack: "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift

⟨College AU⟩

<<<<<<<>>>>>>

Norman and Otto were best friends, they had met back in grade school through their mutual friend Curt Connors.

There was one little problem though. Otto has had a huge crush on Norman since they were 13. But Norman was going with this girl named Emily in his chemistry class. Otto was insanely jealous of her, and it was starting to effect his sleep, which in turn would obviously effect his grades. Luckily, his friend Rose the literature student knew just what to do.

One day, as Rose was walking towards her literature class, she purposefully made a detour to the chemistry department and slid a note she had helped Otto write through the slats of Norman's locker, knowing he'd be headed towards his class soon and need to get his textbooks from his locker.

She was careful when writing said note to not leave too much of a clue as to who it was from, but she did use a scrap of paper from one of Otto's notebooks.

Later that day, when the friends met in the library  a lonely little seating area in the back, Norman had the note in his pocket. He had already asked Emily if she wrote it, and she said she would never write a note like that for anyone. She was extremely logical, and even though Norman loved how brilliant she was, he had to admit he wished she would use her heart more than she uses her head.

As the friends all sat down, the note fell out of Norman's pocket. He quickly reached to grab it, earning an odd look from Otto.

"Whats that?" Otto asked, curious.

"I don't actually know. Someone left it in my locker." Norman says awkwardly. "I already asked Emily about it, she said it wasn't her and that she hates this kind of thing."

"Well, maybe I can help you figure this out." Max says. Rose choked on her drink slightly, earning an odd look from Eddie, the journalism major, who was sat next to her. She couldn't keep it in anymore...

"I helped Otto write it." Rose blurted out. Everyone just kind of stared at her in complete confusion and shock.

"What did you just say?" Norman says, face completely blank.

"I helped Otto write it." Rose repeated.

Norman looked bewildered for a moment, before just getting up and leaving.

"What are you doing? Chase after him, dumbass!" Felicia, the accounting major, says impatiently, practice shooing him out of their little secret space.

Otto found Norman in the empty corner in the very back of the library, where they used to hide from bullies like Flash or Drake. Norman was sat on the floor, looking at the note with a confused look on his face.

"Norman--"

"You could have told me, Otto." Norman says, looking up at his friend. "You could have just told me how you felt without leaving a stupid note in my locker."

"I know, but I--" Otto hesitated, sitting beside the boy he's been in love with since junior high. "It's not exactly easy to walk up to your best friend and say that you been in love with them since you were both 16-"

"Three years?! Three years, and you never said anything?!" Norman says, looking at him in shock. "I've been shoving my own feelings down and acting like I actually like girls for six fucking years, and that whole time, I could have just told you the truth--"

"Wait...six years?" Otto says. Had Norman been in love with him since they were 13? "Well, son of a bitch, Norman, why didn't you tell me?"

"You knew my father, Otto." Norman says, and Otto cringed at the memory of the abusive drunk. "You knew I could have done that while I was still in his house."

"Wait, so...if you're in love with me, and I'm in love with you--"

"Otto." Norman says quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Shut the fuck up." Norman says, crashing their lips together. His hands went right to that hair he had wanted to pull on for years.

"Wanna go back to my room and watch a movie?" Norman says softly, looking up into Otto's dark brown eyes.

"You got Raiders of the lost Ark?" Otto says with a small smile.

"Duh."

»»»»•««««