Lokius

Title: Movie Night
Song: "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" by Elvis Presley
Rating: PG
Words: 823

Loki stood on the balcony of the cabin, looking out at snowy woods that surrounded it. Tall pines and evergreens towered high, covered in fluffy snow. It was certainly cold out, much too cold for an ordinary human to be out here in a t-shirt and thin sweatpants.
But Loki wasn't human, he was a Frost Giant.
And Frost Giants don't feel cold.

Heat, on the other hand...now they definitely felt that. The searing heat of a flaming arrow, or the burn of a metal brand...

...Or, in Loki's case, the warmth of a lover's arms wrapped around their waist.

Loki smiled as he felt Mobius' arms wrap around his waist from behind. They'd been living here in this little log cabin for nearly a year now, enjoying the cozy isolation from the rest of this crazy world. They had moved in here about a month after they got married, and so far it had been the best year of Loki's life.

"It's kinda cold." Loki says quietly.

"Oh, really? I didn't notice." Mobius says, earning a small chuckle from Loki.

"Let's go inside.
I wouldn't want my beloved husband freezing to death." Loki says, heading inside with Mobius.

Loki sat down on the small brown couch, which had a green crochet blanket draped over the back. There was a small white rug on the floor in front of couch, and small beige throw pillows. The TV was on,
A movie called "Marley & Me" queued up on Netflix.

"Figured you'd wanna see this movie. It's one of my favorites." Mobius says, sitting beside Loki on the couch.

"What's it about?" Loki asks, brow furrowed.

"Well, there's this reporter guy there played by Owen Wilson, and he's married to Jennifer Aniston's character, and they decide to get a dog, but reporter guy has never had a dog before in his whole life, and so he's a bit hesitant at first, but he ends up just loving the dog, but the thing is, this dog is just absolutely impossible to train. It tears up everything, makes a mess of everything, humps everything in sight. It's just the worst." Mobius explains.

"Oh, so it's a bit like the dog from Turner and Hooch?" Loki says.

"Yeah, actually. It really is." Mobius says quietly. "So, you wanna watch it?"

"Of course, Moby." Loki says warmly, pressing a kiss to Mobius' cheek before snuggling up with him under the green crochet blanket.

By the time the movie ended, Loki's face was wet with tears. He'd cried when the reporter's wife miscarried, cried again when Marley got hurt the first time, and then cried the hardest when Marley died in the end. Loki didn't usually cry over sad movies. Well, I mean, he cried when they were watching "Glass" with Charles and Erik, during the scene where Kevin Wendell Crumb died. But seriously though, who on earth didn't cry during that scene?

"Did you enjoy the movie?" Mobius says warmly, wiping a stray tear from Loki's face.

"Yes. It was just such a sad ending though." Loki says quietly, sniffling a bit. He reached for the tissue box on the end table only to find it empty. "Ah, I'll go get more tissues for this." He says, standing up and heading up to the small linen closet that was right outside the bathroom.

As he was about to walk downstairs, a wave of nausea hit him, causing him to have to rush into the bathroom and puke.

After that was over, he leaned against the bathroom sink, catching his breath. He placed a hand over his abdomen, almost wishing it wasn't true.

He wasn't ready. He was in no way ready to have a baby. It was terrifying to think of having children again. He'd lost his other children centuries ago. He'd already told Mobius those stories, of how he'd always lose everything he'd ever tried to have.

Loki walked back downstairs, holding the box of tissues he'd gone up for. He found Mobius still sitting on the couch, looking as handsome as ever. Loki snuggled up next to him on the couch, nuzzling up into Mobius' chest.

"You're really cuddly tonight..." Mobius says, tucking a bit of Loki's soft curly black hair back behind his ear.

"I'm just so happy." Loki says warmly, sighing.

"About what?" Mobius asks, a bit puzzled.

"I'm pregnant." Loki says quietly, voice almost a whisper. Mobius' eyes were wide, lips parted in shock.

"Really?" Mobius says quietly.

"Yes. You're going to be a father." Loki says warmly, eyes shimmering with tears of joy.

"Oh, my God. I can't wait to watch Night At The Museum with them." Mobius says quietly, smiling like a loon.

"I'm sure they'll love Jedediah." Loki says warmly with an adoring grin.

The two ended up curled together in their big, cozy bed, fireplace roaring as the snow fell silently around the warm log cabin.

And they lived happily ever after...