royally accepted

Sakiko cries out in pain as Jerry wraps her in a hug, lifting her off her feet and spinning her in the air.

"Jer-Bear, I got shot," she wheezes.

"Oh, shit, for realsies?" Jerry panics, setting her back down.

"Grazed," she admits.

"Come on, I'll get you to the doc," Jerry hurries.

"I'll tell the King and others," Alvaro smiles, "We're real glad to see you Sakiko."

Sakiko returns the smile and Alvaro leaves. Jerry sets a soft hand on her back, guiding her to the medical center.

"How did you get away?" Jerry asks.

"Some friends of mine from Alexandria.. They were sneaking in right before dude got me in the building. They killed him and saved me, but.."

"But..?" Jerry repeats.

"One of them still went in. The other.. We ran into another Savior. He said he wanted to help. She went back to Alexandria with him."

They make it to the doctor and she instructs Sakiko to undress enough to see the wound. Jerry awkwardly stared around the room as she takes her shirt half off so the doctor could see the wound.

"Luckily it's just a graze.. Who wrapped it?"

"My best friend," Sakiko flinches, "She didn't have anything to use really. She just ripped her jacket and used it."

"Well, it did help stop the bleeding."

The doctor treats the wound, stitching Sakiko up quickly and easily. Sakiko winces in pain as she pulls her arm back through the sleeve. Jerry helps her stand just as the doors open and Ezekiel and Benjamin bustle in the room.

"Sakiko!" Benjamin gasps, wrapping her in a hug.

"God, you royal people are huggers," Sakiko mutters, awkwardly patting Benjamin's back.

"We thought we lost you," Ezekiel shakes his head, "How.. How did you escape?"

"Um.." Sakiko hesitates as Benjamin pulls away, "Could I speak with you? Privately?"

"Yes. I believe it is needed, after all."

--

"Can we talk?" Carl asks.

Nanami didn't feel like talking to anyone.

"Sure," he gives in.

Damn Carl for being Carl.

"Listen.. Oceanside.."

"It's all right," Nanami sighs.

"It may be. But, you're not."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You didn't come help us. You stayed here. Plus, when my dad told us the plan, you kind of.. I don't know.. zoned out?"

"I trust your dad. I do. But, when he was talking about it- going to this place and taking their weapons at any cost.. I just had memories hit."

"About," Carl hesitates, "Woodbury?"

"Yeah," Nanami frowns, "It's what we used to do. What I used to do."

"It's not the same."

"No, I know it's not. It was too similar, though. The way you all went about it.. That's what the Governor made me think we were doing. I didn't really realize until after it was over."

Carl sighs, scooting closer and rubbing Nanami's back, "I'm.. I'm so sorry you went through that."

"I'm over it," Nanami promises, "I was just overwhelmed by everything."