letters

'Sakiko,

When we met, I knew that you'd already been through hell. I'm sorry it took us so long to meet but I hope that the past years have gave you love and comfort.

Ryan was more than my brother. He was my best friend. He was the only person that thought I was cool enough to hang out with even when he was growing up and I was an awkward twenty year old dude that still played Portal instead of going on blind dates.

Ryan loved, and loves, you so much, Sakiko. Ryan saw every bit of good, pure, and optimistic piece of you and he fell in love more deeply than I could ever express.

You're family, Sakiko. You're a Rhee, forever and always.

Maggie and I told the Saviors that I was the one to kill Negan. Before they have the chance to do anything or recollect and plan- we're leaving.

I wish we could stay. But, I would rather us leave than risk losing you. This was my decision and I'm sticking to it.

I'm sorry for not telling you goodbye face to face. But, I knew it would only make things harder and you wouldn't allow for us to take the blame for you. It's better this way. It's safest this way.

Rebuild this place. Help Kingdom and Hilltop be better than ever before like I know only you can do. 

Do it for us. 

Do it for Ryan. 

Do it for Kitsune.

Do it for you.

We love you, Sakiko. 

I love you, sister in law.

This isn't a forever goodbye. We'll see you again soon.

- Glenn

(and Maggie, Hershel, and Baby H)

p.s.- Ryan had a crush on you since the farm but he was jealous because he thought you had a crush on me. He's always loved you.'

Sakiko hugs the paper to her chest, falling to her knees beside Maggie's desk. Sobs retch from her mouth until she's gagging on the cries and choking on tears.

Glenn lied to keep the Saviors away from her. Glenn saved her and in return left.

Sakiko wasn't grateful. She was angry. Heartbroken.

And alone.

--

'Carl,

I want to start out and say that I love you. This isn't your fault. It's all on me.

Someone once told me that I wasn't lesser than just because I came from immigrants and warrants. That you came from war heroes and officers. I don't know if I believe it.

I wanted to. Just because I loved you so much and I didn't want to lose you. It was selfish. It was wrong.

I love you. But, I love you so much that I think I was beginning to lose myself.

I have to go. I'm not sure where I'll end up. I'm not sure if I'll be back.

Take care of Michonne and Judith. Plus, the little one on the way. Family means more than anything and I know that you hold that deep in you- just like your father.

If by some chance you're able to, I hope that Alexandria will find peace with what Sakiko did. Just because of one man and an accident, the rest of the world shouldn't suffer. Alexandria, Kingdom, Hilltop, and Oceanside need each other. It's the future of the world.

You're the future of the world, Carl. 

You're going to be the one to lead everyone into a new light. You have the guts, the heart, the brain, and the strength.

I love you, Carl Grimes.

- Forever, the Altatir to your Vega. Nanami.'

Nanami pulls the bag around his shoulder off and tosses it into a car. He was out before the sun was up. He was gone before Carl woke up.

Nanami didn't know where he was going. He didn't know what he was doing.

But, he was better off alone right now.