the end

Everyone regrouped at Hilltop since everyone else was there and it was closest.

"Love what you've done with the place," Maggie teases Sakiko.

Sakiko was on Glenn's back and she huffs, "Great, then take it back."

"Kiko," Maggie laughs.

"I'm serious, Mags. I don't want to lead. You're a hell of a lot better at this shit than me."

"Will you still stay?"

Sakiko shrugs and rests her chin on Glenn's shoulder. She was over the moon to have them back.

"I dunno. I think.. I think it's time for me to do some road work."

"Road work?" Glenn repeats.

"I want to help out all of our places. I think it'd be good for Kitsu to get used to being out here- she needs more training. Especially after what she went through.

"Well, Hilltop will always be glad to have you. Just know that, Kiko," Maggie reminds.

Glenn sets Sakiko on one of the infirmary beds as Siddiq does the same for Rosita. 

Daryl, Nanami, and Carl are the next ones in the trailer.

"You guys are really making me get my day's work, huh?" Siddiq jokes.

"I told you, man. You're stuck with us," Carl says.

There's a pile in the trailer soon after.

Sakiko, Nanami, Daryl, Rosita, Carl, Carol, Yumiko, Magna, Connie, Kelly, Siddiq, Maggie, Glenn, Ezekiel, Benjamin, Jerry, Aaron, and the kids were all huddled in the trailer.

But, it was nice. They were all back together after so long. They made it. Things were better.

Kitsune was sitting on Jerry's lap, half asleep with Ry-Ry on her lap.

"So, what do we do now?" Judith wonders.

"We've gotta rebuild and regroup, for starters," Carl names.

"Rebuild?" Kitsune asks with a yawn, "Like.. we can rebuild the Kingdom?"

Eyes fall onto Ezekiel. He laughs softly and nods.

"We'll rebuild the Kingdom. Even if it's not at the same place."

"Well, until then, you're all welcome here at Hilltop for as kong as you need," Maggie says.

"I thank you," Ezekiel does a half bow.

Kitsune pets Ry-Ry and tilts her head, "So.."

"So?" Nanami urges.

"It's like what my dad said."

A lump forms in Sakiko's throat. Rosita wraps an arm around her and kisses her temple.

"What's that?" Jerry asks Kitsune.

"My dad said that if we can't find happiness, we should make it ourselves," Kitsune says, looking at Sakiko, "Right, Haha?"

"That's right," Sakiko agrees, almost able to hear Ryan in her ear.

"Well, then.." Ezekiel speaks up once more, "Brick by brick.. Board by board.. We shall rebuild our happiness we've fought so valiantly for and achieved. And we shall do so.. together."

Sakiko rests her head on Rosita's shoulder. Nanami and Carl hold hands, smiling at each other.

Connie's hands slap against her thighs softly. She takes a deep breath and looks at Daryl. She signs something and everyone looks at Kelly.

"She says if we're building happiness, she's ready to take big steps," Kelly translates.

When Sakiko and Nanami look back to Connie, she was leaning back from kissing Daryl while the attention was away.

"God!" Sakiko jumps, startling half the room.

"Fucking finally!" Nanami finishes.

A blush creeps up Daryl's neck and Connie smiles brightly.

Laughter is shared in the medical trailer by those closest.

They were going to be okay. Because, they were doing this together.

Nanami bumps his shoulder into Sakiko's. Sakiko laughs and knocks her knee against his.

Family. They were always bound. Soulmates, every single person in this room.

END.