control

"Here," Daryl hands a gun to Nanami.

"I'm going up top," Nanami informs.

"What?" Daryl looks up at the watch post, "Why?"

"Can get a clear shot on Negan."

"Won't need it as long as the bombs go off. You know Rosita, she ain't fuck up bombs."

"In case he slips away," Nanami shrugs, "Plus, Rick and Carl are up there. Aaron, too. I'd feel better being up there to protect them. Protect you, Rosita, and Tara at that high of a vantage point."

"All right," Daryl gives in, "Just be sure and keep your head down until I give the signal."

"You got it," Nanami nods.

He starts to follow Aaron up the post, seeing Carl and Rick already up there with Jadis.

"I can still make a trip to Kingdom and get Sakiko. Make a trip to Hilltop, too and-"

"It won't be enough time," Rick denies Carl's motive, "They're coming now."

"Are we sure that we can trust Dwight?"

"It's our only option. His story aligns with Rosita's. Rosita wouldn't do something so outrageous if she didn't trust the process."

"We could still use Maggie's help."

"Right now, it's best for Maggie to stay back. If things go wrong here.. Maggie's gonna be the one leading things."

"You mean if something happens to you?" Nanami questions.

"Yeah," Rick admits, "Deanna prepared Maggie. Something happens.. Everyone's gonna be following her lead."

Nanami and Carl nod in agreement to Rick's plans.

"Just try not to make that so soon?" Carl asks, "I'd still like to have you around a bit longer."

Rick smiles, patting Carl's arm, "I'm still here, son."

Carl nods, taking a deep breath.

"Everyone get into positions!" Rick calls across the scene.

"Hey," Nanami taps Carl's arm as they kneel with their guns, "You okay?"

"Yeah," Carl breathes, "I.. I just keep thinking about the Sanctuary."

Just as Nanami begins to ask him what he meant, they hear vehicles approaching.

The Saviors were here.

--

"There you go, Dudette," Jerry smiles after tightening the armor around Sakiko.

"Thanks, Jer-Bear," she looks down at the chest plate.

"Are the two of you falling behind?" Ezekiel calls.

"No, Your Majesty," Jerry laughs, "Just making sure we're all good to go."

Ezekiel glances back to them and smiles. Carol was by his side, just on Shiva's right. That made him smile even more.

"How much longer?" Benjamin wonders.

"Not long.. Maybe fifteen minutes," Sakiko answers.

"Alexandria.. Is it as big as Kingdom?"

"No, Kingdom is like.. three times as big? But, they were planning to expand. Maybe after all this is over."

"Are you going back to Alexandria? After this is all over, I mean.."

Sakiko looks to Ezekiel who avoids her eyes. He instead looks out at the open road with a smile on his face.

"I'll have to see."