day to day life

"Hey," Sakiko greets as Ezekiel walks into the cafeteria hall.

"Sakiko, Benjamin, Sophia.. Good morning," he smiles.

"Morning," Benjamin nods as Sophia waves- mouth full of food.

"How's the little one?" Ezekiel asks, setting a hand on the table.

Sakiko leans back, opening the wrap around her to show Kitsune sleeping, "Sleep like a rock, remember, King?"

"I must ask.." Ezekiel holds a finger up, "You allow yourself to call others such.. sweet names and titles. Usually, these have motherly or fatherly undertones. Why must I only be 'King'?"

"I mean, shit, I'll call you 'Daddy' if you want?"

"I regret bringing this up," Ezekiel stands up straight.

"Later, Daddy-"

"No, Sakiko."

"Hey, King," Sophia calls, "Did my mom end up staying at the Sanctuary?"

"She did. But, she believes she shouldn't be gone longer than two weeks."

"Did you ask her?" Benjamin wonders.

Ezekiel squints, "Ask her what?"

"Did you crown the Queen, man, come on!" Sakiko complains.

Ezekiel clears his throat, "I have yet to-"

"You asked and she said 'no'?" Sophia cuts him off.

"That would be correct."

"Called it," Sophia shrugs, turning back to her food, "Both of you pay up after breakfast."

"Boo," Sakiko sticks her tongue out.

"She didn't leave you, though.. Right?" Benjamin makes sure.

"We are still together, Benjamin," Ezekiel nods, sighing as he steps closer and drops the 'King voice', "Now, can y'all get out of our relationship business?"

"You won't allow us to have power to run TV anymore so we have to get entertainment somewhere else," Sakiko defends.

The televisions can be returned as soon as we have the spare fuel for the generators. I've told you this-"

"I don't like this show anymore, go away because I can't change the channel," Sophia brushes him off.

"Sophia, I-"

"Dad, chill. Geez, mom leaves town for a while and you start bugging us like crazy. Go annoy Jerry."

"Jerry annoys me," Ezekiel argues.

"Don't ever talk bad about my teddy bear," Sakiko frowns, "He ain't do shit to you."

"Have children, they say. It's a miracle of life, they say," Ezekiel mumbles, walking away, "Honor thy fuckin' father and mother, they say."

--

"I've made a deal with Maggie. I'm going to talk to Ezekiel tomorrow," Rick explains, "We'll figure out the next step of the deal, there."

"I'll go to Kingdom," Carl offers, "I'll make the deal there."

"Are you sure?" Rick asks.

Carl looks over to Nanami, "We will make the deal."

Nanami panics, eyes widening.

"We?" Nanami repeats.

"Yes, we," Carl scoffs, "We'll head out first thing in the morning and make a deal."

"Maggie has agreed to providing food as long as the Saviors hand over all fuel from their dead corn.. I don't know what Kingdom needs, but.." Rick runs a hand over his face, "

"We'll find out."

"We?" Nanami repeats again.

"Just.. try not to make it milk the Sanctuary. The Saviors are barely holding on and Maggie has no remorse for taking more."

"No problem," Carl agrees.

Rick pats his back, walking away to the next meeting pertaining to fixing the bridge.

"We?" Nanami tries once more.

"Na," Carl gives him a look, "You need to talk to Sakiko. And as long as Negan is here, she's not stepping foot in Alexandria. Plus, she's too pregnant to be making long trips. It's time you take a step to her."

"I.. So, what? Is it my fault?"

"Is what.. What?" Carl confusedly asks.

"That day. The day. Should I have gone back to Hilltop? Should I have told her myself? Am I a coward for not telling her? For not facing her myself?"

"I think you should have told her before it ever happened, if you want me to be honest."

Nanami leans against the counter with a frown.

"Me and you talked about it for a good couple weeks, then we got Michonne on board. Then, we got all three got my dad on board."

"You know how she is. How could I have told her something like that?"

"Daryl figured it out. He's the one that told her because you didn't."

"Are you trying to diss me?"

"No," Carl steps closer, "And I'm not trying to make you mad or pick a fight.. I just.."

"What?"

"I can't help but feel like I'm at fault, too. And I see Judith getting older and I.. I want you to still have Sakiko in your life."

"She's the one that left."

"Maybe she thinks the same about you."

Nanami groans, throwing his head back. Why did Carl have to be so persuasive? So level headed?

"We should get some rest. We have a long trip to Kingdom in the morning."

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

i love my kingdom babies being chaotic im so happy kiko is happy in kingdom i--

carl really said yo i put it in your head now lemme try and fix this right quick

small chapter bc the next one is just,, a lot