leaders

Sakiko rests her forehead directly on Maggie's desk. Nanami wasn't sure if she was crying or praying.

It'd been a few days since the pikes. No one really wanted to talk about it. Those that were there and witnessed it especially didn't want to bring it up.

Sakiko and Nanami were already haunted by the memories. Poor Kitsune was traumatized and consistently woke Sakiko, Nanami, and Alden up in the middle of the night from screaming in her sleep from nightmares.

Kitsune had seen everything. She detailed the gory memories back.

How Michonne had caught tracks that looked like Tara's.

How they followed the tracks in fear of someone being injured.

The way Michonne kept guard in front of Kitsune.

The barn.

Enid, Tara, Henry, and others all tied up in the barn.

The screams as they attacked the people- Whisperers as Alpha had told Kitsune and Daryl.

Michonne didn't want Kitsune in the fight. But, Kitsune wanted to help. Sakiko and Daryl taught her to be strong, so she tried. She sent Ry-Ry off the go find Sakiko. She rushed behind the chaos and cut Enid and Tara's hands free.

One of the Whisperers had grabbed Kitsune. Enid hurriedly took them down and checked on Kitsune. As she did, another person came up behind Enid and caught her off guard.

The fight was over within minutes as Alpha had entered.

Michonne and the Highwaymen were forced to join the bound group.

Alpha whispered something to Kitsune. Every time Kitsune told Sakiko about it, her own voice would drop like she was possessed by the older woman.

'Tell your mother.. I can still take everything from her..' Alpha had said.

Then, Kitsune had to watch each person die in front of her. Forced to their knees and decapitated. 

The blood that was on Kitsune when the others found her wasn't even hers. It was everyone else's. Enid. Tara. Henry. Michonne.

Kitsune told the story once or twice just to make sure the others all had the exact details. She still wanted to help.

Sakiko, though.. She heard the story on a constant loop as her daughter's words lingered in her mind for days.

"Kiko.." Nanami tries.

"Dad radioed in this morning.. Kingdom is.. not good. I told him they can relocate here before the weather gets worse."

"That's good."

Sakiko cringes. She didn't need supportive words right now. She needed someone to tell her to get her ass in check and get ready for a fight. Michonne would do that. 

Sakiko wanted Maggie. Maggie could handle this. Maggie would know what to do. Maggie would fix it in no time and still have time to plan out a fun event for the kids.

"Na, what the fuck am i doing?"

"What?"

Sakiko pulls her hair and looks up at him, "The fuck am I doing, man?"

"You're.. confusing me?"

"Jesus, Tara, Enid, Tammy, Henry, and two kids are dead because of this bitch. Fucking pillars to Hilltop."

"Okay.."

"I can't run this place without them. Na, I can't run this place at all."

"Kiko, you've been leading for what? Ten years?"