a helping hand

"All good?" Sakiko asks Yumiko, checking the bandage around her head.

"Yeah. You?"

"One piece," Sakiko assures, looking to Magna who nods in confirmation that she was also okay.

"Who the hell would do this?" Yumiko wonders, looking at the walker mask, "Even think about doing it?"

Sakiko holds her hand out, taking to mask from her.

"I suspect some vessel filled with a chunky salsa of abnormal-" Eugene begins rambling in the background.

"God's sake," Sakiko rolls her eyes at his voice, inspecting the mask in her hands.

"Just say it's full-on batshit," Magna tells Eugene

--

"Judith found them. She vouched for them. Carl was going to let them stay, but.." Michonne explains.

Sakiko glances back to Yumiko and Magna, "Forget it. They're my people now."

"If Carl-"

"They were my people long before today, Michonne."

"What, you know 'em?" Daryl asks.

"Yumiko.. She's my aunt on my mom's side," Sakiko looks up at Daryl, "The lawyer that was going to take us in a long time ago."

"She's your family?" Michonne clarifies.

"Yeah. And the other four are her family, so.. They're mine now, too."

"I'm happy for you," Daryl pats her back, "Even if things are rocky."

"We talked on the way to you. The only reason she didn't take us in was because she was already going through shit for being outed at her firm. If her and her girlfriend would'e brought two kids in.."

"It would've been even worse on them," Daryl figures.

"I don't blame her. I think.. things worked out the way they were supposed to. Us staying in Georgia.. Leaving with you. That's what was meant to be. I can't be mad at that."

"I'm sorry.."

"For what? I'm telling you that I wouldn't change a thing that's happened, dad."

"I still coulda done more. Been there more. Now and then," Daryl shrugs.

"You were there when we needed you. That's all that matters. Plus, you're here now."

Michonne looks back to where Jesus' body was on one of the horses, "I'm sure it means a lot to you.. it's gonna mean a lot to the others."

"What?" Sakiko questions, wary.

"Bringing him back," Michonne answers, voice breaking, "Burying him."

Sakiko shakes her head, leaning closer to Michonne.

"If you want my sympathy, you're fighting a losing battle."

"Kiko," Daryl scolds.

Sakiko shrugs, quirking an eyebrow at Michonne before walking further ahead.

"I'm sorry," Michonne calls after her.

Sakiko turns, walking backwards, "Yeah?"

"For after," Michonne explains, "I'm sorry. What I did. What I said."

"The time by the tree, when you stormed into Kingdom and nearly killed Benjamin, the time you broke my arm, or the time your 'bestie' took my kid?"

Michonne closes her eyes, taking a deep breath, "All of it. I'm sorry."