negan's fate

Nanami was really beginning to hate that fucking sound system.

Negan already had a loud mouth. He didn't need to add stereos and a microphone to make it even louder.

"I ambushed your ambush with an even bigger ambush!" Negan praises himself.

"How about you step out and face us!" Rick shouts into the open field.

"Oh, I am everywhere, Rick. Some more bullhorns, more walkies.. Pick a direction to run. See how you do. Make it fun for all of us. Guess what else I did? I brought you some of your old friends."

Nanami takes a step closer to Maggie, keeping her behind himself, Glenn, and Carl.

"Remember your old buddy Eugene? Well, he is the person that made today possible.. Same goes for Dwighty boy here."

Fuck. Nanami looks at Daryl. Was he right about Dwight all along? Was Dwight playing them?

Daryl quirks an eyebrow up. Dwight was bad after all. 

"In case you were wondering, he didn't ream you on purpose. No, he is just a gutless nothin' that sucks at life and now he gets to stand up here and watch you all die. And he's gonna live with that."

Nanami repeats the look to Daryl who was now glaring at his gun.

Dwight just got caught. He wasn't a bad guy.

"He said 'up here'," Carl whispers, "They're over the hill."

"Not yet," Rick eases, "They're expecting it."

"Gabriel, well.." Negan chuckles, cocking a gun, "He's gotta go, too. We are cleaning house today, Rick."

Nanami sets his sight and aim to the hill ahead, following Carl.

"Then, there's you.. It never had to be a fight. You just had to accept how things are. So, here we go. Congratulations, Rick."

There's a pause and Nanami eases closer to Carl who was already doing the same.

"Three!" Negan shouts, "Two!"

Saviors poke up from the top of the hill. Nanami lowers a bit, gun comfortable in his hands as he aims back at them.

"One!"

Nanami takes a step forward, ready for the fight. Just as the Saviors fire their guns, they explode in their holds, some ricocheting back and killing the Savior holding it.

"Now!" Rick shouts, leading the fight forward.

Nanami and Carl stayed side by side, shooting any Savior that got too close.

Eventually, they made it to a section that drops their weapons.

"Don't shoot," the woman pleads, "We're done."

She drops to her knees, nodding to a few other dozen around her. With ease, they kneel in front of them as well.

Nanami looks at Carl and Carl smiles.

Peace. This was the right way to do it.

--

"Pussy power!" Sakiko cheers, "That was sick!"

Cyndie laughs, looking at Tara with a grin.

"Who are you, by the way?" Sakiko questions.

"Guys, this is Oceanside," Tara introduces.

"The ones with the guns.." Sakiko puts it together, "Shit.. I'm sorry they did that to you."

"Don't be. Aaron's a persuasive guy and he was right. The Saviors are the enemy. Not each other," Cyndie assures.