catching up

"Sakiko," Michonne startles.

"Sup?" Sakiko nonchalantly greets, resting her arms on the horse corral.

"You.. How are you?"

"Eh. Just here to drop of some letters and scrap on Kingdom's behalf. Why are you here?"

"Um.." Michonne hesitates.

"Because of the Gregory thing?"

"Partially."

"Not my business," Sakiko hums.

"Are you staying the night here?"

"I wasn't planning on it. I need to get back home."

Though the Kingdom was helpful during the war and had good people without a doubt.. Something about Sakiko calling another place 'home' hit a nerve in Michonne's soul. Sakiko was her girl. Alexandria should be her home.

"I gotta say, you look good. How's.." Michonne clears her throat, "How's the baby?"

Sakiko didn't want to have this conversation. Really, she didn't want to have any conversation with the likes of the Grimes family.

But, this was part of Maggie's plan.

"She's good. I think she's a lot like me because the poor thing has hardly grown. But, she's great."

Michonne's heart ached.

"King Daddy got me a new set up in the same hall as him and his crew. Her part of the room is decorated all cute and shit to look like nature. Benjamin painted a baby version of Shiva beside her crib so she always tries to poke its nose through the cracks. It's actually really cute."

A tear in Michonne's eye.

"When my dad comes by, she suddenly thinks she can talk. She babbles and babbles until he picks her up. Dad was the first person to get her to laugh, too. I think that kinda went to his head now, he's got an ego because of it."

Sakiko looks at Michonne out of the corner of her eye. Michonne had a hand over her heart like she could piece it back together from the outside.

"Sophia is the Princess back home. Ben and Henry are the Princes. But, she still thinks she rules over everyone with an iron fist. Hell, Carol lets her have her way as it is. I don't think she'll ever know what the word 'no' means."

"I.. I'd love to see her sometime. I mean.." Michonne stumbles over her words, "You can bring her here sometime. Maybe.. Maybe I could go to Kingdom?"

"Maybe," Sakiko shrugs it off.

Michonne had to get the conversation on a different route. Sakiko was her girl and it was killing Michonne to not be a part of the baby's life.

"You said the Gregory thing wasn't your business.. But, you can still have an opinion. What is your opinion?"

"You actually care about what I think?" Sakiko couldn't help but let the shade through.

"I always have."

"I think Gregory was a cowardly piece of shit that had twenty times too many chances. Maggie stood up for herself and her people and did what needed to be done."

"It was murder. A show."

"It was a public execution to show that crimes at the highest degree need to be punished."

"Gregory was a coward. Not a threat."

"Gregory tried to kill Maggie at least three times. He put Hershel at risk. He manipulated Earl. He nearly got Gabriel killed during the war. He threatened to kick out residents of Hilltop by turning over to shitface and his assholes. He-"

"But, what right does anyone have to decide rather someone lives or dies?"

Silently, Sakiko turns on her heels, locking eyes with Michonne.

"Yeah, Michonne.. Who decides when to punish and spare?" she challenges.

"This isn't about that."

"Why? Because I'm making a point of an argument that doesn't fit into the narrative that helps you seem like the better person?"

"Sakiko-"

"What did you expect, Michonne? That I would just go off somewhere, have an epiphany that would benefit the fuck up that you made? Move on and understand 'the bigger picture'?"

Michonne sighs, resting an elbow on the fence.

"You can't get pissed at Maggie for killing a criminal when you're protecting one yourself. She did what was right. Maybe you should have that awakening and come back and talk to me."

Sakiko starts to walk away.

"I never wanted it to come to this," Michonne calls with a broken heart.

"Neither did I."

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

act like i posted this earlier i got distracted by a wrestling ppv

kiko and mama mich at odds hurts more than the others i am pain