cute

"I'm gonna kick his ass. I'm gonna give him a wedgie. I'm gonna-"

"Tell his parents?"

Sakiko pauses at Daryl's wordz.

"I don't want the kid to die!"

"Carol's gotta know. He's risking more than just his life going after her."

Sakiko sighs.

"I'll tell them both after we find him. The fair. "

Daryl gives her a look. Sakiko curls her lip, bowing her shoulders up at him. He scoffs, bringing his hand up and knocking his knuckles against her head, playfully shoving her backwards.

As the duo seperate, Sakiko looks at Connie who was smiling fondly at them.

Sakiko didn't know sign language. She only had one tool in her arsenal.

Sakiko holds a thumb up.

Connie laughs, taking her notepad out as Daryl hops down the dry creek to retrieve something.

"Cute," Sakiko reads Connie's letter.

Sakiko jabs a thumb in Daryl's direction then fans her nose with a scowl. Connie laughs again and Daryl whistles.

"Henry was here," Daryl informs.

Sakiko looks down at him and he hands her Henry's staff.

"Goddammit," she sighs, spinning the stick around.

Walkers growl in the distance. Sakiko readies Henry's staff only for a bolt from Daryl's bow and a rock from Connie's slingshot to take both out.

Sakiko turns her body between the two, free hand pointing at then absentmindedly.

Connie and Daryl trade a nod, another smile on Connie's lips. Then, they continue walking.

Sakiko chuckles under her breath, shaking her head.

"Cute."

--

"Gross, you smell like them-" Sakiko tells Daryl.

"We gotta go," Daryl cuts her off, grabbing her arm.

Sakiko tosses Henry his staff, now aware that Lydia was behind Henry.

Connie hurriedly signs and Sakiko rests a hand on both Henry and Lydia's backs.

"This way," Daryl leads.

Sakiko takes a step before Connie grabs the hood of her jacket. She signs soemthing, pointing the opposite way.

"This way," Daryl tries again.

"I.." Sakiko throws her hands up.

She turns, ushering Henry and Lydia in front of her. With a low whistle, Dog follows as well.

"Kiko! Dog!" Daryl hisses, "Son of a bitch."

--

"Dude, seriously! Your mom and dad trusted me with you and you keep pulling shit?" Sakiko jabs her thumb into Henry' side.

"Ow! Kiko!" he protests.

"You get shitfaced trying to impress fucking Rodney and Gage?" she knees his butt, "I get petty little complaints about those two little assholes every day! From kazoos at three in the morning to disturbing the animals for no goddamn reason!"

"You were out! I was.. I don't know.. bored?"

"Bored?!" she hisses.

Henry tries to duck but Sakiko grabs him, putging him in a headlock.

"You were bored?" she demands.

"Kiko!"

"You're putting both of our asses on the line! I'd expect some shit like this from Ben but fuck, I thought Carol raised you better!"

Henry pats Sakiko's arm, still struggling to be freed, "Please don't tell my mom!"

"Why? You scared?" she wriggles him around, "You scared?!"

"Yes! Please! Mom will kill me!"

"Well, join the fucking club because I'm scared of her, too!"

Henry whines out her name again and Sakiko groans, ruffling his hair brutally before shoving him aside.

"Are you gonna tell my dad?"

"If I tell your dad, he'll tell your mom!" Sakiko cries, "Dammit, Henry, we're all scared of Carol here!"

There's a delicate laugh that catches everyone's attention.

Lydia.

Sakiko's chest swells. Lydia laughed. When was the last time the young girl was able to do that? How lucky were they that they got to hear that sound?

Sakiko reaches over, grabbing Henry by the ear frim where he wS staring at Lydia in awe.

"Dipshit," she tells Henry, "The entirety of Hilltop is gonna get grounded because of you."

"Can't you let this one slide? Just this once?"

"Dude, I've nearly died for your family a million times. You're supposed to be the good one! Why would you put me in this situation when you know Mother Queen would kill me!"

Sakiko felt like she was going off on Kitsune. Her inner mom voice had come to thd surface with a hint of stressed older sister.

"And you know how important it is that I look cool in front of your dad!"

"Stop flirting with my dad!"

"It's not my fault he's a KILF!"

"KILF?" Daryl suddeny asks.

"King I'd like-"

"Forget it."

Sakiko sighs. Henry gives her a pouty face and she stomps her foot at him. He junps, stumbling behind Connie for protection.

"Loser," she insults, flipping Henry off.

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

hello kiko and her adopted kingdom family will always have a special place in my heart