Chapter 10 - The Seraphim's Archenemy

After eating, the three of us went to the arcade and played to our heart's content. That was the first time I saw Macau looking like a real kid because when he's at the main family mansion for monthly meetings, he will always look very unapproachable. Like his brother and father.

After going playing on the arcade, we went to almost every store and bought expensive things, all paid by Big.

Although, I like it that Big is spending for us tonight and told us to ask him to buy everything we like, I am still shy because I've never felt like this before.

The idea of being spoiled by someone who is either hated or avoided by almost everyone at work and someone whom I am not that so closed with, is a bit awkward.

Back in my hometown, if I want something, I should really pay for it with literal blood, sweat, and tears because on my younger years, money was a really big problem.

My parents left me to my grandparents when I was only four and up until now I never had any kind of news about them. Also my grandparents were so poor that's why my parents had to leave the island to work at Bangkok to provide.

Grandma said that the first three years my parents worked at Bangkok was the only time that we never worry about having no meal for the day and the following because my parents was making good money. That is why our house is huge because grandma said it was my parent's dream to have a big house where the five of us could live happily. But then after that, they just disappeared.

No communication whatsoever.

Up until today.

So we just safely assumed that they're dead since it has been fourteen years already.

At the age of 10, I was already working at the market to help my grandpa who was selling fish that we would catch so early in the morning so I will have allowance for school. I also run errands for my classmates such us making projects but not making assignments since I don't really excel that much in academics.

Two years later, some rich thugs claimed the island and forced us to bow on their feet and worship them hence, we slumped into deeper poverty.

It didn't last long though because Khun Korn arrived and chased the thugs away and bought the land. He gave it to us, so technically everyone on the island owns it.

Life has improved since then. Khun Korn accepted me to work for him when I went to Bangkok although my grandparents doesn't know what I do. I wasn't forced to work here, it's just that I look up to Khun Korn so much. He saved us from possible lifetime slavery and life has been better. He also buy goods from the island twice the normal price even if the whole island was willing to give him everything for free.

He said that he owed someone from the land his life and that someone asked him to help us live comfortably and so he did.

I bowed to serve the main family for the rest of my life even if they send me to hell just to die.

"Pete! What the fuck is wrong with you? Your face contorts from time to time. This is not the right time to have a meeting with your personas. I am asking you which one is better?" Big called to me and showed me two fancy looking identically styled shirts but in different colours.

"The blue one looks good." I murmured after looking at the shirts he's showing me.

"Then, you can have the gray one and I'll have the blue one." Big said and walked away.

"Wait, why are you buying that? I have already bought enough!" I reminded him and raised the paper bags I am carrying. How much more do you want your card to spend?!