Chapter 26 - Affection, Obsession, and Love

I wanted to cry.

"Why can't---" I was about to spoke when Khun Magnus raised his index finger to silence me.

"Let me finish." He said.

"The 'help' you mean is getting Vegas out of that shit hole, yes?" Khun Magnus asked and I just nodded.

"Then, Anakinn and I are no help. Even Anakinn can get out of this shit hole he's living into because Tankhun is not mentally capable nor am I actually out of this shit hole just because I act like a free man. None of us can get out of it, Pete. You need to understand the responsibilities we're forced to burden." He said and shook his head a little.

"But there's another kind of 'help' Pete. Kinn and I might be able to give that to Vegas. " Khun Magnus added and smiled at me.

I don't really get what he was saying so I just stared at him and waited for him to continue.

"You see Pete we don't need to drag Vegas out of that shit hole. We just need that shit hole to willingly let Vegas out. Do you get me?" Khun Magnus asked and I felt hope surging on every parts of my body.

"Yes. Yes, I do." I replied.

"That's great. Now, I want you to go back with me and act like you never heard them. Act like you never broke down here and you never gave Anakinn the things he asked you to collect for him. Act like nothing happened, can you do that?"

"Yes." I replied immediately.

"Very good. Let's spend another hour here and go home after. Vegas will know something happened if we come back right away. Go and grab some ice for your eyes. Cheer up, Pete. Vegas is loved." Khun Magnus said and stood up to spoke to Khun Kinn.

However, before he could turn his back to us, I asked him.

"H-How did you know I was there to collect something?"

He smirked at me and slides his hands to his pockets. He tilted his head and stared at me wide eyed.

"Typical mafia, Pete. You're a head bodyguard from the major family and you were sent to the minor family with no clear reason. The minor family asked for you? Doesn't make sense to me. So, I know. And I'm guessing here that, that was the price Vegas was talking about." He replied and walked towards Khun Kinn.

"He's a little scary." Porsche spoke and I creased my eyebrows to him.

"Why is he scary?" I asked.

"Well, his mind works differently? It feels like playing guess with a mind reader. And he rather speaks like he's from years ago. You know what I mean?" Porsche explained and I just nodded.

I inhaled and exhaled to calm my nerves when I caught something on my peripheral vision.

Big was standing motionlessly beside the door. He's staring lifelessly to the ground with his hands balled in fist.

Damn, I should really talk to him.

I stood up to walk up to him when Porsche grab me by the shirt.

"He looks like he's about to punch someone." Porsche commented and I just smiled at him.

"I'll be fine." I assured him and he just nodded.

I walked towards Big who up until I stood in front of him, didn't noticed me.

"Big." I called to him and he gave a loud sigh.

"Let's talk outside." He said and walked out of the room.

I turned to Khun Magnus to ask for permission to step out for a moment only to find him staring at me.

"You can go, Pete. Don't take too long." He said and smiled a little.