Chapter 27 - The Pact of Nobles and Mafias

The ride was deafeningly silent.

Gone the playful Magnus, I sat on the shot gun like a statue.

Butt glued to the seat and muscle-flexed body as I fear that any movement will irritate Khun Magnus.

His expression started as someone who was thinking and then after a few minutes of driving he suddenly started looking like he's about to slash someone's throat out of pure anger.

His knuckles are white as if the bones are about to snap out of the skin as he grip the steering wheel with so much force.

Our car came to a halt in the parking lot of ICONSIAM Mall

It's been a while since I've been here. This mall is huge! No wonder Khun Kan want Vegas to be guarded. It's a nice place to attack mafia heirs.

Khun Magnus turned off the car and got out without saying any words.

I wonder what he's angry about.

He walked first and I walked behind him.

We entered Tapas a Spanish cuisine restaurant.

What are we doing here? We're Thai!
Ain't Khun Magnus a Swedes?

"What are you doing here, Maelle?" Khun Magnus asked a rather beautiful woman on a gritted teeth.

His jaw was clenched and his posture clearly shows stress.

I look again on the girl and her Amber eyes were staring straight to Khun Magnus.

Her thin lips formed a smile and she slowly linked her arm to the guy standing beside him.

"What else? Planning wedding with my fiancee." Maelle said and leaned towards Vegas.

"Pete---" Khun Vegas tried to say but he was cut off when Khun Magnus suddenly hold her by the wrist and pulled her.

Vegas and I didn't spoke. We follow them silently and entered the car when Khun Magnus pushed Maelle inside.

"Care to explain what bullshit is going on right now?" Khun Magnus started.

"This ain't no bullshit Magnus, por favor. Uncle Kan and my papà had this coming and you know I can't do anything about it. Besides, you know I'm doing this for myself as well. Do not give me that attitude, Cachorro." Maelle spoke and flipped her hair.

"It's not like I fancy this Thai lad. I'm doing this for my sake, okay?" She added and I saw her roll her eyes.

"Then why Vegas?" Khun Magnus asked and turned to her.

"Well, the contract says 'when Maelle of the House of  Cortes turned 23 she is to be married on the standing heir of the minor Theerapanyakul clan...' Since the real heir is nowhere to be found, presumed dead, that will automatically make Vegas as the standing heir of the minor clan. Hence, I am to marry him." Maelle shrugged and stared at him.

"Who made that contract?" Khun Vegas interjected.

"Mi Papà and your dad. When they met at Seville years back. I have no say over this because my father and I have our own agreement regarding this. So, I appreciate if we marry as soon as possible." Maelle said and turned towards Vegas.

"But technically, there is no standing heir. There is only Anakinn and Kornwit. That contract is void." Khun Magnus argued and Maelle giggled.

"That's not how it's works in this world of us, Magnus." Maelle said and we got eye to eye contact when she look at the rearview mirror.

"And who are you?" Maelle added as she realized she's not familiar with me.

"He's my person." Khun Vegas said without pause and surprisingly that made me feel butterflies on my stomach.

"Oh, he's blushing. Glad to meet you young lad, I'm Maelle Cortes, Magnus' eldest sister." Maelle greeted me and leaned in to kiss my cheeks until Vegas cover her lips with his palm and shove her face.

"I just told you he's my person why are you kissing him?" He glared at Maelle.

"That's called greeting, tu capullo." Maelle said and glared at Vegas.

"Stop calling yourself my older sister, we're the same age, literally born on the same day and hour." Khun Magnus said and started the car.

"But not the same minute. I was born a minute before you." Maelle pointed out and Khun Magnus laughed incredulously.

"We're still the same age." Khun Magnus retorted and tsked.

"Yeah and I'm still a minute older." Maelle replied refusing to back down.

"So you're twins? But you told me earlier you're Spanish. Magnus' born in Sweden." Khun Vegas asked in bewilderment.

"Oh we're half siblings. I don't know how it happened but our mothers' conceived and gave birth to us at the same time. Magnus said one day when we were kids that our parents had a threesome." Maelle said and laughed.

"Wow, how did you know such word when you were still a kid, Khun Magnus?" I commented and Maelle laughed even louder.

Even Vegas was laughing and Khun Magnus was just pouting while driving.

"Well, Vegas' person---"

"Pete." I introduced myself.

She nodded and continued.

"Well, Pete. My brother here is a philandering bastard. He used to sleep with every beautiful woman and man he could ever lay his eyes on. Mind you, I can confidently say that almost all of the people in Spain has kneeled and open their legs for him and still be thankful as if he's a holiness, after being used by this guy." Maelle said and tap Khun Magnus' shoulder.

"One of our distant cousin used to call him abridor de piernas after having a steamy night with him." Maelle added and laughed.

Khun Magnus glared at her and mumbled words. He can't argue with her oldest sister, eh?

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked Maelle and she sat up straight looking at me dead in the eye.

"Leg opener." She whispered and laughed again.

"Dang, Magnus. I'm surprised you're still not a father." Khun Vegas joked and laughed.

"I practice safe sex, jerk." Khun Magnus said.

The car was filled by their heartily laughs and for a moment they looked like teenagers from a humble family.

"Anyways, I'm hungry. Let's go somewhere." Khun Magnus changed the subject.

"Please tell me your hunger is for food and not of some hole to pound into." Maelle said in horror and turned into Khun Magnus.

"Drop it, Maelle." Khun Magnus threatened and Maelle raised her hand in submission.

Crazy siblings.