Chapter 6 - Marked

After I step out of the shower, I saw Khun Vegas's men cleaning the blood stained floor and arranging the room, leaving no trace of the murder that happened.

"Khun Vegas is waiting on his car, Pete. Let me take you to him." It was Nop. I remembered him because when I was new, I would see him guarding Khun Kinn's office door. I think he changed masters after 3 years of me being Khun No's bodyguard.

"It's good to see you, Nop." I smiled at him and I'm so relieved that he smiled back. At least, despite our master's rivalry, we're still good friends when we're not tasked to kill each other.

"It's good to see you too, Pete. But I never wished our reunion would be this... unpleasant. I'm sorry you had to go through this." Nop said and stared at me with sad eyes.

I just smiled at him because I don't know what to say. I am shocked as well, feeling repulsed by what happened. But I am a head bodyguard of a high class mafia. I shouldn't be seen as a weakling. My emotions should always be controlled.

"Mew, finish up. I'll send Pete to Khun Vegas and I'll wait for you guys downstairs." Nop ordered to his subordinates and the one he called bowed to him.

"Come, Pete." Nop gestured and we exited the room.

"I know this isn't time for compliments, but you look rather beautiful today Pete. Are you swaying the other way now?" Nop joked and I laughed at him.

"Nonsense, I actually have someone I want to pursue. Just met her a few days ago." I said and Nop nodded his head.

"You probably won't be having the chance to pursue her, you've been owned without you knowing..." Nop muttered and I stared at him.

Owned?

"Is everything all set, Nop?" Vegas asked when we entered the parking lot. He was sitting on the hood of his Tesla.

"Shia!" I blurted out and the both of them stared at me.

"What's up, Pete?" Khun Vegas asked, bewildered by my sudden cursing.

I cleared my throat because I remembered that I am actually in the presence of Khun Vegas who was standing on par with Khun Kinn.

"I'm sorry, Khun Vegas. I just remembered the car Khun Kinn let me borrow. I left it on Khun Magnus's mansion." I said in panicked, trying to think of excuses I could use in case Khun Kinn gets angry.

That was one of his babies...

"The car's already parked on Kinn's garage and he's also told as to what happened. If you're worried of being punished for leaving his car, you don't need to worry." Khun Vegas said and walked inside his car.

Nop bowed to Khun Vegas and walked to the black van parked a few steps away from Khun Vegas car, since I don't have any means of transportation and I don't have cash with me for a taxi, I went to Nop but an annoyed tone from behind, spoke.

"Pete Pongsakorn Saengtham. Where do you think you're going?" It was Khun Vegas.

I stopped on my tracks and slowly turned around only to see Khun Vegas peaking on his car window, looking mad.

Why is he calling me by my full name?

"Home, sir. I do not have my car with me and Khun Kinn's car was already delivered to him. My wallet was in the car and all I have is my phone. I would like to ask Nop if he could drop me off." I muttered and he looked at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"And I believe I told you, I'll be the one to send you home." Khun Vegas said and I felt shivers ran down my spine.

Is it possible that when a person stares at you, you feel like his stare shuts all your muscles down and renders you unmoving?