Chapter 8 - Invitations

Why are you cursing on Khun Vegas, Big?!

You're gonna get us in trouble!

"I'm glad I'm getting on your nerves." Khun Vegas replied casually as if a mere bodyguard didn't cursed and talked rudely at him.

I panicked so hard that I stepped away from Khun Vegas and grabbed Big's hand.

I pulled him away from there in a half walk half run style towards our quarters.

"Are you nuts?!" I shouted on Big's face when we turned.

"Why?" He asked uninterested.

"You just insulted our boss!" I shouted to made him understand who was he talking to.

"You just fucking insulted Kornwit Theerapanyakul!" I shouted in panic once more and It really pissed me off when Big acted like he doesn't give a damn about it.

"You need a turtleneck, right? Follow me." Big changed the topic and walked towards his room.

I really can't deal with these weirdos anymore. I think my life span is declining not from fearing that I might just drop dead some day because of my work rather, I think it's declining because these people are stressing the hell out of me. I can feel the veins on my temple throbbing so hard I think it's going to burst any moment.

I bellowed an air of defeat and entered Big's room. I don't really understand it tho, his room is vast. Like that of Khun Kinn's and he's staying here alone when the rest of us sleeps with a partner. Just like me and Porsche and the three of us are all head bodyguards.

I don't think it's unfair tho. Big has been working here since he was 10 and he's one of the most trusted bodyguard here. I think it's a form of appreciation from the undying fidelity towards the Major Clan.

"Here. You can keep this one." He said and throw me a black turtleneck.

"Err? I'll return it when the marks are gone." I said and folded the turtleneck on my arm.

"I told you to keep it, why are you so hard headed?" He said and walked towards me.

He leaned on me and looked down on me. He's way taller than me so you can imagine our position.

Both his hands are resting on his hips and his eyes looks like it's challenging me. I laughed dryly.

"Ah hahaha. Okay, I'll keep it. Thank you." I said and stepped back.

"Are you free today?" Big asked while he walked towards his closet to get something.

"Well, yeah. I have another work tomorrow at the minor clan's mansion." I said casually and I saw how Big froze.

"What are you going to do there?" He sounded dangerous. He ain't looking at me nor he is glancing towards my direction. He's just standing there looking at his closet. Motionlessly.

"Hmm, Khun Kinn wants me to gather some evidences from Khun Vegas's computer. I don't know how long this mission's going to be nor I have the idea how am I getting those files but anyways, I'll do my best." I said and smiled at him.

Big looked like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. He's extra grumpy today like everything I say annoys him especially when I mention the minor clan. He's just so passionate with all the major and minor war.

"You're being sent to die and you're smiling at me?" Big said and I unconsciously step back when he tilt his head and stare at me with those eyes that shows a mixture of anger and bewilderment.

"Well, it's for the major family. My loyalty is immeasurable. I would go everywhere the bosses told me to. You already know that, you're like that too." I scoffed.