Chapter 13 - Bipolar

"This is gonna be your room. I'll tour you around for today. You'll officially work tomorrow." Khun Vegas informed me when we arrived at my rather grand room.

The room we're in slash my personal space for my few months here looked  10 times bigger than mine and Porsche's room back in the major family's mansion.

And shut up! There's a chandelier!

"K-Khun. Are you sure we're in the right room?" I stammered whilst tugging on Khun Vegas's clothes.

He throw a glance on my fingers that was clutched on him and looked at me. His face was unreadable.

Shia. Don't tell me he's about to throw some tantrums?

"Why do you ask me that?" Khun Vegas asked and looked at me curiously.

"Because the room looks and feels so expensive. I'm just a bodyguard. A bodyguard from the main family to boot. T-this room equals that of Khun Kinn's and probably yours too. I can sleep on smaller room." I mumbled non-stop and Khun Vegas was just staring at me the whole time.

"But you don't need to stay on a smaller room. And what? You've been on Kinn's room? For what reason?" Khun Vegas interrogated. His jaw clenched.

"W-w-work?" I simply said. I didn't know why I stammered.

"What kind of work, Pete?" He sounded dangerous now. Crap.

He took a step closer and I felt my back bone straightening up more than it did in my 23 years of living.

"M-mafia related works, sir." I replied still tensed. I had my faced looking down so It took me by surprise when Khun Vegas held my chin and gently, very gently, he held my chin up so he could see me.

"You don't need to be afraid." He murmured.

"I'm sorry if I'm afraid." I apologized staring at his monolid eyes that caught me in a short trance.

A small smile crept on his lips. I went to stare at Khun Vegas eyes again and there I saw him intently staring at me too. His pupils were dilated. His eyes are communicating.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you." He said and messed my hair. I was taken aback.

This is not the Vegas Theerapanyakul I've known. This person is a stranger to me.

He smiled again and went to open my bag. I thought he was going to check whether I've got spying devices but to my surprise, he grab my clothes and went to the closet and arranged it.

I stared at him in utter astonishment. Wondering why I'm receiving such special treatment.

What's going on?

"Khun, you don't need to do that. I can manage." I hurriedly said and went to grab my remaining clothes. Crap! The devices Khun Kinn gave me are below those clothes!

"I want to help you." Khun Vegas said without throwing me a glance. He continued what he was doing.

Arranging everything very neatly.

"Do you have an OCD?" I mumbled unconsciously.

"Huh? Why?" Khun Vegas asked curiously.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Huh?" He asked back.

"Eh? Why what?" I asked getting confused.

"You asked me if I have OCD, why?" Khun Vegas clarified.

Shia. I said it out loud.

"Oh shit." I whispered and cleared my throat.

"I-I'm sorry, Khun. I was talking on my head I didn't noticed I said it out loud." I apologized and shut my eyes. Hoping he was not offended or anything.