Chapter 21 - A Reminder

I was actually saying that?

I think I got this harder than I thought.

"Men bald? That's odd. There are no bald men here though." I joked and Pete was nowhere near amused.

"You're crazy." He pointed out and I just gave him a little hum.

"I'm not going to work tomorrow, I already told Zach." He said after the long silence.

"Who the hell is Zach?" I asked irritatedly.

He looked at me like he was appalled and was actually giving the what-the-hell face.

"How about I punch your skull? He's one of your bodyguards and you don't know him?" He asked incredulously and I just shrugged.

Am I supposed to know every one of them?

As if he knows what I was saying in my head, he scoffed at me and shook his head in disbelief.

"He's the guy responsible for my work schedule." He simply said and I just nodded.

"Then... we can have a long night later." I said seductively and reached for his waist.

That slutty waist!

"Silly. I have somewhere to go to." Pete said as he broke our embrace and started dressing.

"Where?" I questioned disappointedly.

"To the major family's." He simply replied and turned to smile at me.

I stilled for a moment and shiver ran down my spine.

Did he already got everything? When did he start moving? Damn. I haven't even started and my time's already up?

"W-what. Ehem. What are you going to do there?" I asked again. Crap, my voice trembled a little.

Pete stared at me for a moment, slightly tilting his head as if he was trying to memorize my face. His brows was furrowed and his eyes slightly squinting.

To my twenty three years of being a Theerapanyakul, this is the first time that I'm actually holding the urge to tremble in front of someone other than my father.

It was as if, I was on Pete's mercy.

That kind of feels.

Such exaggeration.

He shook his head and smiled to himself.

"I'm going to play with Khun No. He said that if I don't go, he'll pay this house a visit and he might accidentally, please take note the sarcasm on accidentally, set this place on fire. With only me as the survivor." Pete voiced on a stressed tone and giggled to himself after saying it.

He's such a cutie.

"Don't go. I want to spend time with you. Let him set this place on fire, hmm? Please?" I said and I froze to what I've said.

The great Vegas is actually begging for someone's attention?

I'm surprised.

The things we do when we're in love.

"Nah, it's just a few hours. Besides, your father's home. We're still on a complicated relationship and technically we're just an employee and employer slash fuck buddies." Pete said nonchalantly.

Okay, that hurts.

"We can make it official. You said still, I can change that. Be mine?" I asked.

"Be serious." He immediately replied and sighed.

"I am serious." I said determinedly.

"You're impossible." He blurted out and playfully punched me on the face.