הדוד הטוב ביותר- אנגלית (גרסת מקור)

הנה הקטע שהבטחתי (למרות שלא נראה לי שמישהו רצה) יש קצת הבדלים אבל זה בערך אותו הדבר.

"But uncle!" argued Sophie.

"I'm sorry Sophie, but you really can't go." said her uncle, "Your dad said no."

"But I really need to go!" cried Sophie, her young face twisting with frustration.

"I'm sorry Sophie, Ms. H is sick, and you can't go play with her kittens, we don't want you getting sick too."

"I'm not playing! I take care of them! I feed them and I pet them, and they really need me!" she screamed, her eyes glistening with tears of anger.

"Oh Sophie," softened her uncle. "I'm sorry but we really can't go, do you want me to read you a book instead?"

"Fine." she said, defeated.

"Do you want to choose the book yourself?" he offered.

"Yes!" she beamed, seemingly forgetting about the kittens, she ran to the bookshelf and pulled out a book, a big dragon decorated the cover, the words 'Legend of The Dragon Slayer' were written in golden letters.

"You sure you want this one?" asked her uncle, surprised.

"Yes!" said Sophie, excited. "I love dragons!"

"Well, you chose it, but I'll have to warn you, there is no princess trapped in a tower in this one."

"I want this one!" she insisted.

"Alright then, sit down and let's begin the adventure!" he declared theatrically. Sophie sat down; her big eyes filled with anticipation.

"Long ago, in the far away kingdom of Selona... " opened her uncle, eyes gleaming with the joy of a storyteller.

Sophie was the best audience for this tale full of bravery and courage, she gasped in shock in all the right places and watched fascinated as her uncle described the battles in the wilderness like an experienced storyteller. When he finished reading and closed the book Sophie looked at him, disappointed. "Is it already over?" she asked.

"Yes," signed her uncle, "every story has to end, but the best, like this one' lets you imagine what will happen before that."

"I like this story" she said and hugged him. "you're the best uncle ever." she added quietly. her uncle smiled softly' but before emotion managed to fill his eyes with tears, the house door opened. "Sophie sweetie! were home!" called her parents, Sophie rushed to her parents "mommy! daddy!" she screamed excitedly.

"Hey sweetie, how was your time with Uncle Brandon?" asked her mom.

"It was the best!" Sophie screamed. " He read me a book and there was this magic fire bird and there was this spooky vampire and an evil dragon and then Conard lost but then he came back and won, and it was the best story ever!"

Her mom nodded the way parents, "it's great, now let's give Uncle Brandon some time to breath, ok?" she said and turned toward Brandon, "would you like something to drink before you go?" she offered.

"a little tea would be wonderful, thank you Merida." replied Brandon.

Sophie's father, David, leaned towards Brandon for a little hug. "Thank you, little bro, we really needed it." he whispered.

"It was my pleasure David, you've raised a beautiful soul." he said, his eyes still gleaming with storyteller's joy.

David laughed awkwardly, "You've got a weird way to say that, but Sophie is really the best daughter we could have wished for."