Chapter 18

When I entered the door to my home it was quiet. It was strange. It felt wrong. It felt dangerous.

My mom walked towards me and greeted me with a smile. But something was off. That smile wasn't nice. I didn't know why, but it seemed like I was in trouble.

And when we went to the living room to my dad I understood why.

He held a phone in his hands. On this phone was a picture.

It was the picture. Of course. What else.

"Explain this." my mom suddenly said, not smiling anymore.

Help me.

"It was uhm..." I had to decide now. What was more importan to hide? The party or the fact i was gay?

I wanted to come out to them as well. But Right now I was scared. I knew they weren't that big fans of gay people, but i was just hoping they would try for their son

"I went to a party." Back into the closet.

I told them about the party and the game and they were furious. They didn't want me going on Partys. Of course parents want to protect their child, but they were pretty strict in this way. I knew I was going to get punished for going to the party, but at least they would leave me in peace with their kind of homophobia.

I thought.

While i thought about what the punishment might be I heard a loud slap. And then i felt my cheek burn. What just happened.

"Don't think we're that dumb! You stupid little bastard! First you dare to pollute us with your whole weird lifestyle and then even sneak out to a party to make out with a boy?! And then you even fucking lie to our faces!"

Oh no

"No, wait- That's not what-"

"SHUT UP! Don't you fucking dare to interrupt me you stupid little fag***! I can see the fucking picture so don't even try to lie! You won't get out of this!" She hit me again.

"We should have just abort you. You are just a mistake! You make our lifes fucking miserable you little piece of shit!" now he hit and yelled at me too.

But he hit me with his fist. I knew they were angry but they would calm down again right?

After this they send me to my room. It wasn't even dark yet but I didn't dare to complain. They were right. I should have told them.

Of course I didn't leave the room again today. Not even to eat. But that was okay, one day without eating wouldn't just kill me. Okay, yea i didn't eat much lately at all, but it's gonna be okay.

So I went to sleep. I was so exhausted, i almost immediately passed out in bed.

The next morning was hard to get out of bed. i didn't want to go to school. I knew what was gonna happen.

But i had to. So i got ready. I made sure to smile as I left the house and put on my bubbly personality again. I wanted to run away again. But I knew I couldn't.

On the way I met Ryu and everything seemed back to normal. We were as close as always. But we got looks. The people at school looked at us weirdly. I knew they had seen the picture. And i felt uncomfortable walking through the school with all the attention on me.

"All the attention on the libero" I looked at him confused. He just said this at the most random time possible. But this sentence gave me confidence. He just knows me best.

Class was as boring as always and I still wasn't allowed to join the practice, but i would for sure practice on my own. So after school I went to the women's practice again and they told me they've missed me already since I didn't show up some days. I told them i was fine and would come more regularly now and they even seemed to be happy.

After practice they decided to go eat something together and invited me to come too. I first wanted to decline but after they told me they really wanted me to come I agreed. So we ended up talking about the most random things.

"Why did you go to Karasuno anyway?" Why did I got there? It was because I saw them play. They were in the first year and I watched one of their matches. I happen to see them just coincidently after my match was over. As soon as i saw them I couldn't take my eyes off them and couldn't bring myself to miss out on their match. They lost, but something just made me feel weird. Those people were Sugawara, Daichi and Asahi. Wait It all makes sense now! The way I felt back then. It wasn't because of their uniform or logo or anything like that!

"Let's just say i happen to see a special person playing in a match." That made a lot more sense than only joining for the uniform. I mean it does look pretty cool, but that was definitely not the whole reason. I just never realized. I fell for him back then already.

We continued talking about everything until it was time to go home. I told them goodbye and went home. Where my parents already waited for me.