38

"Woah, I only said that because you asked me." James says, and Victoria covers her face with her hands,"You wanted the truth, so I gave it to you."

"But I didn't think you actually would." Victoria sighs, then shakes her head,"No, no, I'm going."

"Where?"

"I don't know!"

James ran after Victoria, but Victoria just shook her head, turning around, and sighs.

"Victoria, we can work around this." James says, and Victoria nods,"Can you forgive me?" He asks, and Victoria grabs his hand, picking it up, then kisses his knuckle,"What?"

"I think what we need is a break from each other for a bit."

••• 2 weeks later

"James, come on, get up."

Two weeks, only two weeks had changed James Potter, he was no longer the fun, lovable James, he was the sad James.

"I'm heartbroken, we haven't talked in two weeks." James says, under his blankets, as the three marauders sit on his bed,"Victoria hasn't even look at me, she doesn't care about me."

"James, your on a break to breath, and not be together." Remus says, and James glares at him,"You need to accept Victoria's wishes." He says, and James sighs,"She'll talk to when she's ready."

"And what about me?" James asks, getting up, and Sirius pats his back, sitting next to him,"I have wishes, why can't I talk to her when I'm ready?"

"Because she's gotta prove she was wrong, while you wait for her to apologize." Sirius tells him, and Remus rolls his eyes,"You gotta be the real man of this relationship, Victoria always ends up apologizing for what she's done, and will do everything to get her way back." He says, as James nods, putting his hands together,"Now, change, and take a shower, you stink." He says, getting up, smiling.

"James, don't listen to Sirius, or any of us, but wait for Victoria." Remus says, getting up, as him, and Peter get off the bed, walking out of the room, Sirius behind mouthing, 'Just wait for her to say sorry.' Or at least he think Sirius mouthed that.

•••

"Any girl can swoop in, and take their chances with James."

"Gwen, it's not a break up, it's a break."

Victoria was hanging out with Gwen, Constance, and Blake for a change, which was quite calming, and fun, as they were in the library, reading.

"Okay, but what if it turns into a break up?" Gwen asks, and Blake rolls her eyes, chuckling,"It can turn into a break up with a few words, and walking away, or just ignoring him the rest of the year."

"Gwen, can we not talk about this?" Victoria asks, looking over, as Gwen nods, looking back at her book.

Victoria sighs, and goes back to reading her book, Good Wives, she always tried to finish it, but never had time to finish it, finally she did have time.

Victoria felt quite sad for Amy, she loved a man for quite awhile, but he had eyes for someone else, she understood her well, that was scary for her, to scary in her opinion.

Victoria flipped the page, and played with her necklace, she looked down at it, putting her book down, then opened her locket, a picture of her, and Edward.

Victoria picked up her book again, and kept reading, going on with what's going on.

"You know, Ima go." Victoria says, getting up, and all three girls nod,"Bye, girls, love ya." She says, sending them a kiss, and walked out of the library.

Victoria smiled to herself, then her smile, flattened, bumping into someone, looking at the person, she wanted to walk away.

"Oh, where are you going, Victoria?"

Victoria sighs, looking up to see Bill Nott in front of her, and sighs.

"What do you want, Bill?" Victoria asks, holding her book tight,"I rejected you, but that's not going to stop you from anything now, is it?"

"You, and James are taking a break, right?" Bill asks, and Victoria nods,"I want you two to get back together." He says, and Victoria gave him a confused look,"My parents are dragging me on my knees, telling me to get with you, but I don't want to." He says, shrugging,"So, get back with James, or I'll break his legs."

"You wouldn't."

"I would."

Victoria sighs, and looked at her book, then at Bill, who was crossing his arms.

"Fine, but stay away from James, not even one step near him."

"Promise, I won't go near him, Toria."