39

"James, this is weird."

A week, and James was putting posters up around the school for Victoria.

"Victoria isn't missing, she's over there with Grace." Remus huffs, crossing his arms, as the marauders looked over, and did indeed see Victoria talking with Grace.

"That doesn't matter, she's missing in my life."

"That is the most cheesiest thing you have ever said." Remus sighs, hiding his face,"Go talk to her over there."

"No, wait for her to come over here." Sirius tells James, making him sigh,"Victoria always admits to defeat, always, after all I've known her longer then all of you." He chuckles, crossing his arms.

"What if this time she doesn't?" James asks, putting another poster up,"Ima admit to draft." He says, passing him the posters, and Sirius shook his head, grabbing his arm.

"I have seen Bellatrix, and her fight many times, she always admits to defeat."

"That's because Bellatrix is the scariest one of them all." Remus says, making Sirius shake his head,"Does anyone get the point that Victoria is finally free, and maybe wants to live her life first before she really has to dela with you the rest of her life."

"No, because-"

"James!"

The marauders looked over to see Victoria walking toward them with a smile on her face, and Sirius smirks, crossing his arms.

"I've been meaning to talk to you."

"You have?" James asks, as Victoria nods, smiling,"Whatever did you want to talk about?" He asks, crossing his arms, shrugging.

"I was thinking, and I don't want to deal with this break any longer." Victoria smiles, grabbing his hand, making Sirius smile in victory,"I want us to be us again, no one interfering with us." She says, kissing His cheek, making James have a lovesick smile,"I love you a lot, J."

"I love you more, V." James sighs, as Victoria let's go of his hand, walking back to Grace.

"What did I say?"

"I guess she does admit to defeat." Remus says, as Sirius nods, putting his arm around James.

"How do you feel now, James?"

"I feel pitied."

The marauders all looked at James to see him look sad now, making Sirius gasp.

"Why? Getting an apology from Victoria is one of the best things to happen to anyone." Sirius says, putting his hand on his chest,"Whenever She apologized to me, I feel like I had just won." He says, and James shakes his head.

"It's almost like she did that because someone made her." James says, grabbing the posters.

"James, you got her back, she isn't missing."

"Yeah, but something is missing from her." James says, putting the posters up in a line,"Victoria wouldn't have done that in front of you guys, she would've pulled me away in anger." He sighs, holding the posters tight,"Victoria isn't Victoria without that, pulling me away for something, she wouldn't have done that in front of you all."

"Maybe, she changed in those three weeks."

"Victoria? Changed in three weeks."

"She changed over the summer."

"She sometimes slips up, and calls muggles, you know what word." James says, making Sirius nods,"Victoria wouldn't just go up to me, and say that, someone made her, and Ima figure it out." He says, throwing the papers on the floor.

"James-"

"Yeah, I know, Moony."

•••

James was looking at everyone in class, as Gwen looked at him all weird, then shook her head, but James then looked at her.

"It was you."

"Me What?"

"You made her apologies to me." James says, pointing at her, and Gwen looked at him weird,"How did you do it?"

"I tried to get you two back together, but it didn't work." Gwen says with a shrug, messing around with her pencil,"You can even ask Constance, and Blake, it didn't happen because she walked away."

James nodded, looking away from Gwen, who already looked away from him.

If it wasn't Gwen, Constance, or Blake because they were her witnesses, there was only one person who could've done the dirty job.

•••

"Gracie, you seem lonely."

"Don't call me Gracie, Potter."

James nodded, sitting in front of Grace, who sighs, closing her book.

"I know it was you." Jame says, pointing at her, making Grace sigh, hiding her face,"You made Victoria apologies to me, that's why we're back together." He says, smirking, making Grace shake her head, looking at me.

"I have no clue what your talking about." Grace says, shaking her head,"Are you talking about when Victoria went to talk to you?" She asks, as James nods, and she shook her head, again,"I have no part in that."

James looked Grace in the eye, and Grace narrowed her eyes at him, then smirks.

"James, why not just let it be." Grace says, grabbing his hand,"Victoria loves you, and you love her." She says, making James look down, and she picked his head up,"Perhaps she needed those three weeks to think about what she wants."

"Yeah, maybe." James says, getting up, as Grace nods, gonna open her book,"But that's always what they say." He says, sitting up back down, pointing at her,"Don't act all innocent with me."

"James, don't do anything stupid if you don't want Victoria to break up with you." Grace says, patting his hand, and grabs her book,"Lovely talk, but I don't want to deal with a lunatic right now." She says, inks, then walks away.

James sighs, hitting his head on the table, then hears the chair in front of him being pulled out, and pointed at the person in the chair.

"It was you, wasn't it?"

"Something like that."

James looked up, and saw the person in front of him, the person who was the definition of hell to him...

"Edward Black."

Edward grinned at James, and nodded, as James was gonna get up, but Edward had pulled him down.

"Slow down, James, I just wanna talk." Edward says, as James sits back down,"Congrats on head boy, first off." He says, as James nods,"And getting my sister back after you made her upset, it always takes her awhile to admit to defeat." He chuckles, crossing his arms.

"What do you want, Edward?"

"Nothing, just wanna talk." Edward says, then chuckles, as James glares at him,"I know technically if Victoria ever accepts your proposal, we won't really be in-laws."

"How the hell did you-?"

"I have people, James, they hear everything." Edward says, looking serious, as James scoots his chair back, then Edward puts a smile on his face,"But I wanna help you, I love my sister, and I want to give her the world, I want her to be happy."

"In what way?"

"The good way." Edward laughs, making James look around then back at Edward,"Come on, I can help you, brother." He says, sticking his hand out for a hand shake.

James looked down at his hand, then back up at Edward, who was still smiling, and had his hand sticked out still.

"Fine, only because you know her best." James says, shaking Edwards hand, who grins, and nods,"Tell m anything I don't know about her."

"Gladly."