Chapter 15 - Electrifying

My wolf is so angry at me that she's been ignoring me the whole day. It's been over a week since Matthew and I had our lunch together. I've been trying to stay away from him as much as I can. I haven't even gone to his history class on the off chance he'll ask me to stay and talk to him. I also haven't gone by his library despite having finished most of the books he's let me borrow.

I'm genuinely freaking out. I never thought I'd be one to have commitment issues, but I'm so attracted to him, and it scares me. I've finally found an amazing home here. I get along with my students, I've made friends with other wolves, and I'm officially on the mantle in Eli's bar for having broken the record of most beers in three minutes.

I just love it here a lot. I've never felt like Sparta was my home and for the first time in my life I feel like I belong somewhere. I'm not only comfortable here but I feel like one with the pack. What if I mess that up? What if I'm just being stupid and letting this crush get the better of me? I don't even know Matthew. I mean...I don't know if he means it.

Part of the reason my moving here has been so wonderful is because of Matthew and it's hard to admit it but I've missed him a lot these last few days. I'm just terrified. My wolf knows it and as much as she wants to encourage me, I know she's freaking out too. It's not just the fact that I live here, it's the whole idea of being disappointed again. Ignoring Bren's rejection was only partially easy because I left but if Matthew is just stringing me along—which he really could be despite me not wanting it to be the case—then I'm royally fucked. I've never felt like this. I wish I had Clara to call back on but it's best she doesn't know where I am.

I walk into my Leadership class before any of my students have arrived. In a few minutes, they're all filing into the classroom while I'm setting up our lecture slides for the day. As soon as they walk into the class I get a lot of greetings, "Hey Prof."

"What's up Tia Mia?"

"Hi Miss Holms, how are you?"

I sit on my desk as everyone comes in. Giving every student of mine a warm smile that they reciprocate. In the five minutes before class, they're all talking about a party they had gone to the weekend prior.

"I was absolutely hammered," one of my students rubs his head like the sheer memory makes him sick again.

"We all know Evan," One girl—Ashley—rolls her eyes. "We had to drag you home and you howled until you hurled."

The class all laughs together, while Evan just makes a face at Ashley. Evan is the little flirt in my class. He loves asking out-of-pocket questions and making fun jokes during my lectures. It's quite entertaining and although distracting at times, I have to be honest and say he's probably one of my favorite students. The thought of him howling until he pukes has me laughing.

My laugh catches his attention, and he leans back in his seat, "Oh come on Prof. No way you didn't have fun this weekend. Don't you ever just get litty titty?"

I cross my arms over my chest, "Yeah I would say I got pretty litty titty this weekend."

"No way," Evan shouts. Everyone in the class suddenly paying attention to our conversation as they all lean forward on their desks to hear what I have to say. "Prof Mia actually has fun?"

"Of course, she does," Ashley side eyes Evan. "She's our age, you dumbass."

Evan throws up his middle finger at Ashley, we all laugh softly, but his eyes are trained on me. "What'd you do, Prof?"

"She broke the record at Eli's," another girl—Bonnie—smirks from the back of my class. "I was at Full Moon for Happy Hour, and her name is on the board."