Chapter 39--The Foretell Part 1

A/N: I split this chapter in half because it's a lot. 30 votes and I'll update the next chapter! <3<3

My eyes adjust slightly to my surroundings. Unlike the darkness that King Aiden visited me in when he Dream Wandered—this is the completely opposite. The world is white and foggy like a blank page or empty canvas. The only light—coming from an unknown source—feels like the yellow of moonlight.

"Where are we?" I finally find my voice and ask.

King Aiden looks around him, a small smile on his face. There's a familiarity that crosses his expression. I watch as he takes the medallion off his neck, holding onto the metal chain before dropping it. Instead of falling to the ground, the necklace dances on the fog. It disappears into the distance like a magnet has called to it.

I watch curiously as the blue light of the medallion starts shining from farther away. It reminds me of The Great Gatsby—except instead of a green beacon it's blue. King Aiden turns to me, he tugs on my hand and starts guiding me towards the direction of the blue light.

"I call this place the Foretell." He says gently as we walk slowly. He's looking around him like we've suddenly entered the Underworld. "Some of my predecessors called it the Premonition."

"What is it?" I ask quietly. I can't even see the ground—it's just covered with a thick layer of fog or smoke. I can't tell what it is. The magic that is radiating from here is intoxicating. Werewolves aren't meant to have access to magic. It's not in our nature to be able to control it. Already having to control our wolves is challenging enough.

I stare at King Aiden. Matthew mentioned how he was all-powerful. He mentioned that not even he knows what capabilities King Aiden has. A part of me wants to hate the King right now. Hate that he's decided to split Matthew and myself. But there's a tinge of fear in me as we walk deeper into the unknown. I clutch onto the King's hand and arm, keeping myself close to him.

"You'll see." He eyes me through the corner of his gaze. "You need to trust me right now, Mia. And I'll explain as much as I can."

I don't feel like I have much of a choice in the matter. I turn to look over my shoulder but there's nothing there. It just feels like a massive open space with no direction. The only thing we can see is the blue dot of light that I guess belongs to the medallion.

My wolf whines but she has little power here. Her instinct is to obey her King and to do as he says. I take a deep breath—mustering every bit of bravery I can. My mind thinking of Matthew as King Aiden leads me through the fog.

"You've been here before." I state calmly.

"Yes." His voice strong and unwavering as he glances around. "I've been here once before. Right before I ascended the throne."

I let us fall into silence, my gaze turning to the King and silently asking him for more. Part of me is scared, another intrigued. I think he can sense it somehow because he sighs. His expression lightening slightly like the royalty is somehow whisked away.

"The blue stone is a relic." He explains briefly, "Its mythology says that the Moon Goddess herself touched the stone and gave it to the first Lycanthrope King. As a gift, to guide him and his subjects. Some King's have had the opportunity to come into the Foretell and receive that guidance. Other King's have never stepped foot in here. I'm intrigued because you somehow activated it. It's the first I've heard of an outsider doing this."

I blink a few times, my jaw dropping slightly. King Aiden turns to me, stopping us entirely. His eyes bare into me with curiosity. There's genuine intrigue like when he first met me—like he's wondering what makes me so special. But I don't even have an answer to this.