Chapter 22 - Fight

Tyler is throwing heavy punches at me. His focus entirely on how I dodge his hands, whether that be with the way I deflect or jump on my toes. We've been sparring for almost an hour now and I'm impressed by his high stamina. No matter how much I try to tire him out, he just doesn't give.

"Come on Holms," He grins evilly. A humorless laugh escaping his lips with his heavy breathing, "You're going to have to attack sometime."

I know that he's right, but I'm taking my time. Even in Sparta, I wasn't the strongest wolf. We were pure power and strength whereas I have to rely more on using my enemy against me. I need to work them until I find a point of weakness.

I'm also breathing heavy and just as Tyler steps towards me, throwing another punch, I roll away. I quickly turn over my shoulder, trying to eye his body for any weakness. It only takes a split second for him to slow down and I'm instantly pouncing on him, hooking my foot along his leg and shifting on my hands quickly.

Tyler doesn't seem to see it coming, he instantly stumbles, falling on the ground. Without a single beat or moment of rest for me, he jumps back up. Hands positioned in front of his face, a cocky smile as we both breathe heavily.

"Dammit Holms," He shakes his head. "Always with those tackles."

"You should really see it coming by now," I reply with a smile. He wants me to advance and turn offensively, then that's what he's going to get. I start stepping towards him, throwing my arms at him as he blocks it. I let my wolf heighten my senses, showering me in adrenaline while I position my footing so I can kick quickly—aiming anywhere Tyler might forget. He's really good at defending—I have to admit that I've been teaching him well.

He's moving back at every advance I throw at him. I calculate how many steps he takes and when he blocks his view of me with his arms. A devious smile escapes me as I bend my body down, turning quickly so that my back leg is positioned just between Tyler's. With a swift movement, I have him lying on his back, but before he can jump back up this time, I let my knowledge of ju jitsu quickly put him in a lock.

Pulling his arm upwards, keeping my legs locked around his neck, I know if I just apply a little bit of pressure he'll be unconscious. And if I quickly snap his arm back it'll be broken for a few days.

Tyler struggles for a split second before shouting, "Forfeit!"

I let go of him, helping him stand up my stretching my hand out. I raise my eyebrow at him curiously as we both pant slightly. The air is starting to get colder, but I quite like how the fall breeze has been affecting the weather. Not to mention the colors of the trees are beautiful.

"What the hell Tyler?" I ask frowning, "That's the first time I beat you in a while."

It's true. As must as I would like to think I'm better than him, in reality, Tyler is one hell of a warrior...well, warrior in training. He spends countless hours on different exercise drills—his favorite is running every morning for a few hours in wolf form and then every night in human form. The man might as well be a robot.

Since I've been teaching him the ways of Spartan warriors, once he picked up on the main forms we use, it's mainly been me that has had to concede. Something must be going on for him to have lost his focus. Something so easy and stupid—always keep your eye on your enemy.

He lets out an aggravated sigh, fingers rustling through his hair. "I know," He lets out. We both walk over to the bleachers. The university training grounds are just at the edge of the pack territory.

We take a seat at the bleachers—Tyler pulling out two water bottles from his duffle bag. He kindly tosses one to me and for a few seconds we're just enjoying the light breeze. He finally sighs, "I'm just really nervous for the trials."