Chapter 18 - Hosts of the Castle

A/N: Omg, 1k reads!! Thanks so so much to all of you, you have no idea how much it means to me. I hope you're really enjoying the story! Sorry for the late updates, it's hell-week at school and now I'm traveling for the holidays. I'll keep trying to update frequently :)) SOOOOOO much love to all of you <<<333

***

Matthew made me promise that I would go into his office more often and that I would stop avoiding his class. After our date in the library, he walked me home. Making sure that I felt okay and reassuring me that he would be missing me. Even if it was just for a night. So, he made sure to make me promise that I would go see him. He even told me he set aside a few books he thinks I'll rather enjoy.

I wanted to invite him into my home, but I knew we would probably get carried away and my head was still fuzzy from second base. The whole night I was in bed, smiling like a Cheshire cat while reliving our little fiasco in the library. Thinking of the way it felt to have him touch me and how sexy he looked. I tossed around in bed for hours, already missing his presence and the way he smells.

What's happening? I asked my wolf when I couldn't fall asleep.

We're just growing attached, She explains simply. We might not be mates, but that doesn't mean our instincts go away.

I start to wonder if Matthew feels the same way. If he's tossing and turning in his bed, thinking of me. Goddess, I've become so clingy. It's cringe.

I walk into my lecture, ready to teach my students. Having gotten so little sleep, I wonder how tired I must look to them. "Oh snap!" Evan yells as soon as he walks through the door. "Prof's got a hickey-dickeity!"

His finger instantly points to my collar. I tried so hard this morning to cover the several love bites that Matthew left. The biggest one was unsalvageable, but I did succeed in covering the smaller ones.

"Why do you have to be so rude, Evan!" Ashley gawks loudly. But her gaze turns to me with excitement. She gives me a peppy smile, "Did he like the outfit?"

As to not entertain the subject too much, I shrug my shoulders but give her a suggestive wink. She and Cassidy squeal together, high fiving each other in triumph.

"Tyler just asked me to ask you—" Evan says after mind linking our friend.

I raise my hand in the air to cut him off. "Nope, not in the classroom. Here we're only going to be talking about my class. Not my love-life."

Evan smirks, laying back in his chair. Arms crossing over his chest, "Kind of hard to listen with such a massive hickey on your neck Prof."

I narrow my eyes at him, raising an eyebrow to challenge his little statement. "Don't be so full of yourself Evan, I can see you have one on your neck too."

His eyes widen, hand going to his neck instantly. I point my finger at him, "Gotcha."

"Well played." He shakes his head, face turning slightly red. As I turn my attention to my board, I notice Ashley staring at Evan for a split second before focusing ahead.

Just a minute before my class is supposed to officially start, Jeremy raises his hand. "Tia Mia," He asks with a smile. "Since you're close to the Alpha now, can you convince him to throw a party?"

Evan fist-bumps his friend like it's the most brilliant idea Jeremy has had in a long time. I raise my eyebrows at them but the whole class perks up. Even Ashley looks eager. "Why would I ask him to do that?" I ask.

Jeremy shrugs, "It's always been a dream on campus to have a party at the castle."

"Why?" I chuckle.