Chapter 23 - Glorified Babysitter

A/N: Hope you guys enjoy this extra long chapter. Fair warning because things will be getting spicy.

As soon as we reach the castle, I notice that most wolves are avoiding Matthew. He shifts back to his human form just as he walks in through the front door. Even though his aura is practically choking us with wrath, I can't help but stare at his ass.

Goddess help you child, my wolf says in my head. She knows very well he's angry but she's drooling.

I just want to bite it, I tell her causing her to huff in approval.

Matthew disappears into his house. I feel the urge to shift back but Sage stops me. She's standing next to Tyler and me, her gaze somewhat concerned and uncomfortable. Matthew's aura really is affecting everyone around him.

"He's grabbing you something," Sage tells me. I nod, waiting patiently for Matthew to return. I glance to my side at Tyler—his entire mood despondent. I don't know what Matthew said to him through the mind link, but I've definitely gotten him in trouble.

Matthew reappears wearing only a pair of dark jeans. I can't help salivating at the sight of his bare chest. Goddess, do I love his torso. I wonder why I haven't taken the time to fully admire him. His muscles so defined and a thin layer of sweat coating him. I just want to sit on him and touch him and lick—

"Tyler." Matthew throws a set of sweatpants on the ground in front of Tyler's wolf. Matthew steps towards me, holding a blanket in his arms. His eyes fixed on my wolf but voice trailing after Tyler while he shifts into human form. "I'll meet you in my office."

Tyler scurries into the castle while pulling up the sweatpants. I frown at Matthew, thinking he's being a bit of an exaggeration. He barks a few orders to the wolves behind us before he places the blanket over my wolf shoulders, "Shift."

I do as he says, my naked body instantly wrapped in his warm blanket. I pull it close as his scent washes over me. Matthew's expression quickly hardens around my neck. I glance down but can't really see the scratch marks—I feel it though. The stinging from earlier when the rogue clawed me. It doesn't feel like it's bleeding anymore and I'm sure it'll be gone within a day or so with my rapid healing. It's practically impossible for it to leave a scar unless his claws were made of silver.

"'Tis but a scratch, my dear." I try to test the waters, giving him a tentative smile as I quote one of his favorite movies.

Matthew meets my gaze, his dark green eyes softening slightly. He looks both angry and relieved. "Sage," He says calmly. "Take Mia to get some clothes."

His Alpha voice is really showing while he gives orders. Sage doesn't even hesitate or question him. She grabs my arm pulling me into the house and starts leading me down the corridor to her wing. Just as I lose sight of the wolves, I noticed River coming up to speak to Matthew.

I've never been in Sage's side of the castle but it's quite nice. It doesn't have as many old-style paintings – in fact, I mainly note some wall decorations like large elk horns. She quickly takes me to her room. It's much more modern than I expected. She has a large TV and plenty of sunlight streaming in. Her furniture isn't classical wood the way it is in Matthew's office, it's glass and sleek. It's such a weird clash between styles and I wonder if she's excited to live somewhere different. She pulls out a dark tank top and black leggings. They still have the tags on them which surprises me slightly.

"No bra?" I ask her as I quickly get dressed. I don't mind Sage watching me, it's also not the first time she's seen me naked. Every so often we'll go on runs together through the woods or head to the Full Moon for Thursday's happy hour. My body winces slightly as I throw the top on—scared I'll reopen some of the wounds.