Chapter 19 - Ruining You

A/N: Things are going to get pretty hot at the end of the chapter so here's a warning for all those who don't want to read it ;)

It took a solid week of planning for the party to come together. Surprisingly enough, Sage and Matthew were both very hands on. They both listened to what I had to say about how to move everything about. Matthew and his wolves moved all the antiques, artifacts, and priceless paintings into the attic where they remained safe. I gathered input from students on campus on what they wanted to have or what they preferred to experience.

There were a lot of mixed messages. A few students wanting it to be casual, others who wanted it to be a ball, I heard the term 'masquerade' thrown out but decided against doing that. The whole town seemed excited that we were hosting a party for the university. Everyone would come up to Matthew asking if they could cater or provide anything for us. There were a few times when I was in town that pack members would rush up to me. Me.

The day of, my friends actually came a bit earlier to help us finish setting up. I watched as Ashley and Cassidy helped to lay out all sorts of snacks and drinks. They also brought me some new clothes—a black tight fitting crop top that I paired with some of my jean shorts. They also promised to take me shopping into town knowing that I now have my first paycheck.

Eli donated more beer kegs than we had anticipated so we made sure to pre-game together. So many wolves today came to the castle to drop off some food items and snacks. All of them introducing themselves to me and telling me that they can't wait to have more parties.

I watched as Tyler climbed up the largest tree in the backyard. Helping secure a rope swing that would be used to swing into the lake. The boys all had their own idea of what they wanted. They helped to set up lights across the backyard, making sure that everything looked awesome.

I hardly had a chance to see Matthew while we were all setting everything up. He was busy helping set up the tech on stage for the DJ who was going to be playing tunes through the night. He made sure to wink at me every time he crossed my path or took time in having lunch with me while we took a short break together around midday. There was a lot to do and I'm sure there's going to be a lot to clean up as well. But before I could think of just how many people would show up, students from all over campus started streaming into the castle and backyard as the sun was setting.

In a matter of minutes, the house was full. Music so loud that vibrations were spread through the ground and into the castle. Everyone was munching on food, dancing by the dance floor, or hovering around the lake where a few students were swinging and swimming into the water. The reflection of the full moon shimmering in the water and giving us a tinge of light.

"Prof," Evan calls out to me as he wiggles his way towards me. I'm in the midst of a conversation with Ashley as he and Tyler appear. Both of them dripping wet and shirtless from the countless times they've swung into the lake. I look behind them and am sincerely impressed by seeing a student swinging on the rope in their wolf form with their wolf mouth, landing with a loud splash. Everyone cheering.

Typical college parties I guess, I think to myself.

Evan grips my shoulders, shaking me so hard I think my head is going to roll off onto the ground. "This is fucking amazing!" He yells so loudly that I catch a whiff of alcohol in his breath.

Tyler laughs besides him, "You did awesome Holms."

"Just the free food and drinks alone have me happy." Ashley takes a swing of her beer, our DJ friend playing a song that has her bouncing up and down and swaying her hips.

"Are we going to see litty titty Mia tonight?" Evan asks after his eyes flick over from Ashley.

Tyler smiles brightly, "Oh I so want to see litty titty Mia."