Chapter 24 - Old Friends

Waking up in bed with Matthew is surreal. The sunlight streaming beautifully through his curtains, the sound of the birds outside making me feel peaceful. More importantly, his body so close to mine. I wake up on his bare chest, my head resting just over his heart—hearing it lightly beat. Matthew has his arm snaked around my back, pulling me close to him.

I peer upwards at his beautiful face. His features relaxed and breathing slow. Hair wild and sticking up in random directions. All thanks to our little antics from last night. I sit up slightly, leaning over to place small kisses along his jaw. A content sigh escaping his lips while his eyes flutter open.

"Good morning gorgeous." Matthew's voice gruff and raw. He closes his eyes, a smile spreading on his lips while he rolls us over so he's pulling me close into his body. Squeezing me while burying his face into my neck.

Flutters erupt into my stomach. We're both naked and I feel so intimate yet comfortable. I kiss Matthew's cheek and he let's out an approving groan. "Good morning, Matthew," I emphasize his name knowing very well that he loves it when I say his name.

His smile widens, a shudder igniting down his back. He places a kiss on my neck. His lips lingering on a soft spot he finds. His hands slowly trailing up and down my body, staying firmly on my back. I'm trying incredibly hard not to let my breathing stifle—but I can also feel how much he wants me. His body flush against mine driving my senses crazy.

Matthew takes the soft spot of my neck into his lips—sucking on it slightly causing me to bite my lip. His hands squeeze me, teeth nibbling tentatively, and I moan involuntarily. He pulls away suddenly, eyes clouded in black. He gazes at the little love bite he left, a smile forming on his lips.

"One day gorgeous, I'll mark you right there." Matthew presses his forehead to mine. Inhaling deeply to try and calm himself.

I bite my lip, my leg draping over his hip causing his breath to hitch. "I wish you could mark me now."

He meets my eyes—lust-ridden and desperate. Maybe it wasn't the smartest thing for me to say that out loud. It's already so hard to be in control around him. My wolf has already been begging me to mate with him. I can't deny that the thought hasn't crossed my mind. Every time I think about it, I get excited but then I'm wrapped into some irrational fear. I've never been with anyone, and Matthew knows it. He hasn't been pushing me at all and I'm fully aware that I'm the one driving the decision on how far we can take our little sexual adventures.

Regardless, I want to give him pleasure and I want to be with him. It's so stupid but my insecurities hit me every time I so much as think I'm ready. I suddenly remember that I'm inexperienced and he evidently isn't. What if I'm no good?

You've got me to guide you, my wolf reassures me in my head.

"Don't tempt me gorgeous," Matthew sighs out. He closes his eyes and when he opens them, I'm greeted by his beautiful dark green orbs. "You know I can't."

I nod in understanding—trying my best not to look frustrated or sad. I try to alleviate the room, pressing a kiss to his lip before wiggling my way out of his grasp. I let the covers fall off me, Matthew watching me shamelessly. His eyes darkening over again when he sees me grab one of his dress shirts from the drawer.

"I make a mean omelet," I say to him with a smile after I've put on his shirt. It's much bigger than I thought, properly covering my butt and acting more like a dress than anything else. I lean on the edge of the bed. "Breakfast?"

"You know I'm a dessert man," Matthew's eyes trail down. His stare hardening as a small growl starts to hum in his throat.

"Breakfast," I wink.