Chapter 33 - Alpha Alter-Ego

I'm playing with Matthew's hand. Tracing his tattoos aimlessly as I lay on my stomach on our bed. He's watching me intently—his eyes trailing down my face and naked body. His lower half covered by the sheets while his bare torso peaks out. With his spare hand, he gently runs his knuckles on my back.

"Do you want more tattoos?" I ask him, finally looking up and meeting his gaze.

There's a contentedness in his aura—something more than just the sex we had. We're both always happy after sex but it's the aftercare that makes me realize how much we love each other. We always cuddle together or spend time in each other's personal space. Sometimes Matthew will grab his guitar and try to teach me some more chords. Other times, I'll read him my book aloud while he purrs against my chest. It's moments like these that make me fall so much deeper in love.

"One day." Matthew's smile dreamy. "I'd like to get something symbolic for each pup we have."

"Like their birthday or name?" I ask softly.

"Something like that." Matthew pulls me upwards, his lips finding mine in a content and soft kiss. His arms wrapping around me as I settle under the covers with him. Our bodies warm and bare. I can feel his fingers trailing on my lower back.

When I pull away, I smile, "I kind of want a tattoo. To match yours."

"We could get a matching set," Matthew grins. "Two wolves."

"A set of books with your glasses." I counter.

He laughs full-heartedly. The sound so beautiful and warming. "Well, it might ruin the aesthetic I've built on my forearm but anything for you gorgeous."

Matthew kisses me a few times making me flutter. He steps out from under the covers, his body so gloriously naked. I start salivating at it. So aware that we had sex just a few moments ago and I'm still hungrily staring at him. There's just no way to quench my craze over him.

"What are you doing?" I ask him as he walks over to the drawer to start getting dressed. He picks out a pair of slacks and a button-down shirt before layering it with a sweater.

"You said you wanted a tattoo," Matthew smirks. His body turning towards me, eyes narrowing mischievously.

I frown in confusion, "Right now?"

His arms cross, "Right now."

I jump out of bed, smiling like a buffoon as I grab my own clothes. Matthew chuckles as I happily get dressed into a skirt, comfy sweater, and grab my winter coat. I might not be able to see him, but I can tell he's watching. Once I'm dressed, I clutch onto his arm as he leads us downstairs.

"Where are you love birds going?" Sage asks as we swing by the kitchen to grab Matthew's car keys.

Tyler and Sage are sitting in the living room watching some TV. Ever since Tyler was appointed as my babysitter, he's been spending much more time here in the castle. Partially because of me running away too. He turns to look over at us with a kind grin.

"We're going to go get a set of matching tattoos." Matthew beams, "Want to come?"

Sage and Tyler look at each other once before jumping out of their seats. They run past us, causing both Matthew and I to laugh.

"Why the hell is your backseat shredded?" Tyler asks as soon as we're all in the G-wagon. I can't help my light blush at how Matthew's claws gripped the seat in the back. Tyler seems to pick up on my silence and Matthew's suggestive smirk. He suddenly cries out, "Oh gross."

As we drive out of the Valley, I'm suddenly curious where Matthew is taking us. He's progressively getting farther and farther away from our small town. An hour turns into two but luckily the four of us make the small road trip into something fun.