Chapter 16 - Fashion Show

As I walk out of my class, my mood is still buzzed with Matthew's presence. I feel like I'm on cloud nine. It's like being a dream world. I've never been kissed before, much less the way Matthew kissed me. Goddess, what a sexy man. It's so hard to believe his words yet they ring through me.

I'm basically drifting through campus, unable to waver off the smile on my face. My body is on autopilot while my wolf tries to convince me to see Matthew as soon as possible.

We're seeing him tonight, I remind her.

I'd rather go see him now. She retorts.

I roll my eyes, You're such a horn-dog.

Excuse me, She scoffs with a smirk. You just made out with the Alpha. Who's the real horn-dog?

I come out of my daze when I realize I've walked over to the training fields. Briefly confused, trying to figure out why I'm here. As soon as I see Tyler doing some warm-ups, I remember that it's Thursday and we train every Thursday.

I walk up to him just as he's finished doing a few jumping jacks and stretches. "Hey," I greet him nicely.

He looks up at me, smiling, about to open his mouth to welcome me. Suddenly his eyes go wide, and he puts his hands on my arms, leaning forward while inhaling me deeply. I brush his arms off, "What the fuck Tyler?"

"Holy shit, Holms!" He exclaims with a large grin. "You smell like Alpha."

"What?"

"It's subtle," He points his finger at me. His eyebrows raise in a playful manner, grin devious. "But it's totally there."

A blush creeps on my cheeks, Tyler starts laughing at me as soon as he notices it. "So?" I try to muster.

"That's awesome," He grins excitedly. "We've been waiting years for Alpha to meet someone."

I open my mouth to say something, but don't know how to react. Everyone keeps saying that. They're all eager to see Matthew have a romantic spark with someone else. I decide to change the subject, "Well I just wanted to walk over to say I can't train today."

Tyler chuckles, "Still not part of the mind link, huh?"

I shake my head in frustration. It's not like the mind link is essential. I get around pretty well without having to mind link. But it would be useful to have. Especially in situations like this. I can't help it and I stare down at Tyler's wrist, where is brand is so evidently marked along the inside of his forearm.

He catches me staring and extends his arm to let me get a better look. It's a Celtic Tree of Life that looks like it's been engraved in the skin. I start to wonder why the Valley's symbol comes from Celtic mythology. In Sparta, our brand was a bold Greek Lamda letter, like the ones that ancient Spartans used to have on their shields. No wonder everyone makes fun of my old pack.

"I got it when I was born," Tyler says pulling me out of my train of thought. "If you're born in the pack, we get it. But there are plenty of pack members who received it later on. Particularly mates who move here to be with their loved one."

I nod in understanding, wondering what the initiation looks like here. I wonder if I'll have to fight a warrior to get it. At this point, I would be willing to do anything to get my brand. To officially become one with the pack.

"So," Tyler grabs his duffle-bag that he's set on the ground. We start walking out of the training field, "If you're not going to train tonight, what are you doing?"

My cheeks heat up again, "Um..."

"Oooh," Tyler coos. He starts singing his words, "I've got a feeling someone is going to be smelling like Alpha tomorrow."