Chapter 36 - Haunting War Cry

A/N: I have the next chapter ready so if y'all make it to 30+ votes I'll publish it asap ^-^ happy holidays to everyone! 

"Why hello again." The voice greets me in the darkness yet again.

I turn to find those golden eyes staring at me. I take two steps closer and my eyes seem to adjust to the darkness. This time, I can see more than his eyes. He's sitting on a throne—everything from the waist up hidden by an ominous shadow that's coming from nowhere. I see the glint of a crown on his head and my eyes widen in surprise. I also see his hand curled around the arm rest and can't help but notice a wolf ring similar to that of Matthew's.

"Your Majesty," My voice wavers slightly. Even though Matthew told me that the King would pay me a visit, I didn't expect it to be in my dreams or mind. I thought he'd just physically show up to the Valley.

The King leans forward until the shadow only covers up half of his face which only leaves me to see the sinister smile spread on his lips.

"You've caused quite some problems." He says slowly—his voice echoing slightly in the abyss of this dark room. "My very own Helen of Troy."

I gulp, unsure what he expects me to say next. Part of me is afraid yet another feels safe. This is our King—the most powerful werewolf in the world. But even then, his role is to protect us—protect his subjects. It's a fine line between terrified and soothed.

I decide to go for something safe and introduce myself, "My name is Mia, your Majesty. Mia Holms."

"I'm aware." His voice sounds so regal. Like it's laced with absolute control. Every syllable so meticulously crafted.

King Aiden's eyes are unnerving. The golden glow of them burning into my own. I feel absolutely petrified in place like I'm staring at Medusa.

"Traditionally," He tells me. "I have these meetings with my Alpha's Luna's because my schedule does not permit me to meet physically. And I need some indication of loyalty and fidelity."

"Am I meant to bow and pledge?" I wouldn't be surprised.

"The proper term is kneel." He stands up, and suddenly I'm afraid. Taking a few steps towards me my eyes widen. He's in a dream. In my head. And I can feel his celestial power radiate like it's nuclear.

He's wearing a beautiful—albeit—regal mantle and tunic. Gold clasps across his chest, a stunning cape that's a deep deep green making it look almost black. And his crown...I can't help but stare at his crown. I've heard stories that the King has several different crowns depending on the occasion, but in this moment I can't help and gawk. It's beautifully intricate and laced with black. The biggest gem doesn't even look like it's from Earth and I can't help but stare as it shimmers when he tilts his head.

I finally take a moment to stare at him. He's incredibly well-groomed and his skin looks softer than feathers. His face so sharp it even makes Matthew's incredible jawline look dull. King Aiden's long curly locks are an interesting mix of golden and dark brown like the two colors weren't able to properly blend. But nothing of his beauty compares to his austere gaze. His eyes so gold the look Godlike but the brown specs aid him in looking more human.

He tilts his head slightly to the side, "I'm not sure yet how to warrant your current situation."

I frown, "Wh-What do you mean?"

"You were Marked by another yesterday. And today, one of my closest confidantes and friend's Mark's you. I wouldn't say this is textbook. Would you?"