Chapter 17 - Electric Candles

A/N: Things are going to get steamy by the end of the chapter so here is your warning if you don't want to read it ;)

I'm pacing back and forth in my room. The nerves are really starting to get to me. Slight panic setting in that Matthew might have back tracked on wanting to go on a date. What are these jitters? Why do I feel this way? It's so stupid. Is this what it's supposed to feel like when you like someone? When you're so attracted to someone that your heart flutters and your knees buckle and way too many dirty thoughts start to engross your brain.

Calm down, my wolf reassures me. Just you know, as soon as you get a chance, kiss him.

I've been replaying that kiss so much in my head I'm going crazy. I decide to take a seat at my small table. He told me to be ready by eight-thirty, quite sure I was done showering, doing my hair, getting dressed, and putting on some make-up by like...seven.

I hear a small knock on my door, but I know it's not him. The energy coming from the door doesn't feel the same. I take a deep breath ready to push down all this hesitation. I'm stronger than this. Why am I more nervous about this date than when I had the initiation in Sparta? I got this, I'm a badass werewolf who's gone through way too much shit to have one little date get to me.

I open the door, "Hey Sage."

I could already sense her power through the door but seeing her now it diminishes slightly like her body has relaxed. She seems taken aback by my appearance, a smile ever so slowly creeping on her face.

"Wow," Her eyebrows raise. "I'm impressed. You clean up nice."

I grab my keys, placing them in my purse. As I walk out of the house, Sage just behind me, I can see her eyes trailing down my body. I mean, I have my suspicions that Sage might swing for the other team. Just occasional mannerisms or comments she makes that have me questioning her sexual orientation. But I'm not about to just impose myself. Especially because she doesn't have a mate yet.

"I guess you're escorting me to wherever Matthew is?" I ask as we walk out of the common house.

"Yeah." Sage chuckles, "I'll make sure to get the fuck out of there as soon as he sees you."

Sage starts walking towards the center of campus. I follow just at her side asking politely, "So how was the hangover?"

"Hangover?" She asks, "What hang—oh!"

She quickly regrets her words as I realize she's been caught in a lie. My mouth drops and I step in front of Sage to stop her. "You ditched me on Saturday?"

"I didn't ditch you." Sage rolls her eyes mischievously as a smile creeps on her face. "I just...thought you'd prefer the Alpha's company over mine."

A smirk taints her lips as she side steps me and keeps walking. "Besides, look at you now." She glances over her shoulder me, but I'm still too stunned to say anything. "You're going on a date with the big bad wolf of the Valley."

I can't even be mad. I'm actually impressed by Sage's little match-making puppeteering. I try to be angry at her, but a smile just forces itself on my lips. Deep down I'm actually so grateful I got to spend the day with Matthew.

"Come on." Sage grins, "Or he's going to get angsty."

I trail after her just around the main courtyard on campus. We walk towards one of the lecture halls and just in front of the student library, I start to feel Matthew's aura. It almost seems like he's nervously excited by the way his energy is being emitted. I can't help but get chills the closer we get.

I'm not sure if Sage mind linked him or if he just happened to pick up on my scent. But he steps out of the university library, dark green intense eyes instantly landing on me. Wearing dark jeans and a black t-shirt to showcase his tattoos. As if he doesn't already look amazing, he decided on wearing his glasses that nearly make my legs buckle under me. I don't know what it is about it but seeing him in those rims just makes him look a hell of a lot sexier. He leans against the main entrance of the library, biting his lip as he scans me up and down.