Shadows

~Winter's pov~

"That's what I'm selling, I'm sure you'd like to see some credentials" and he pulled out his S.H.I.E.L.D ID.

"Agent Browning, for ex-S.H.I.E.L.D., you seem awfully indifferent to who we are" Izzy said to him.

"What you are is the highest bidder. Whether you're in it for profit or for Hydra, it doesn't concern me, not anymore" He answered.

"That's what we want to hear" I said, Idaho put the briefcase of money on the table but Hunter closed it.

"The mystery I'd like to solve is, why should we be paying you so much?" Hunter asked "This looks like a box. Sorry, a picture of a box...a picture of a box you don't have"

"The government has it, along with thousands of other assets they've seized from S.H.I.E.L.D., and they don't know what to make of half of them. I worked in a S.H.I.E.L.D. containment facility that had hundreds of boxes that look just like this, but this is the only one that has a level 10 classified file dedicated to it"

"You're selling is a needle in a haystack" I replied.

"Finding the haystack is up to you. I know your reputation. I'm sure you'll be fine. What I don't appreciate is you changing the terms on me now"

"We're asking for clarification, Browning. You're the one who changed the terms, bringing more than the two guards we agreed upon" I told him.

"I only brought two guards" He answered, he turned around and who ever this guy was, took out Browning's guards and then snapped his neck. Me and Hunter took out our guns, Hunter tried shooting him but nothing happened, I tried shooting him as well but nothing happened.

 The man grabbed Hunter's arm forcing his gun out his hand and slammed him hard in chest, throwing Hunter over the table and the guy grabbed the file folder and ran to one of the window and jumped out.

One of Browning's guards stood up, I was about to shoot him, until an ICER went off and he fell to the floor.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked Skye, May and Trip.

"Who was that?" Idaho asked.

"A third party" May answered.

"A party's what you'd call that?" Idaho asked again.

"He's gone! 25-foot drop!" Trip yelled.

"This was supposed to be an undercover operation" Izzy told them.

"You want to explain why you're shadowing us?" I asked them.

"We were your backup, which you needed" Skye spoke up.

"Yeah, so did he" Hunter said looking at Browning on the ground, as we heard sirens wailing in the distance.

"Sir, Mark's down" Izzy said, pulling out her phone and stepped away.

~Time Skip~

"Our black-market contacts were the reason the guy believed we weren't with S.H.I.E.L.D." Idaho said well going out the car.

"Coulson knows Hartley, she's the only person on your team he trusts" Skye told him, I scoffed.

"But why'd you break silhouette protocol?" Izzy asked.

"He ordered us to" May and Trip answered.

"We can't maintain solid cover with agents tailing us" Hunter told them.

"And we can't be sure you won't run off with the money" Skye replied.

"Any idea how that freak show found us, Winter?" Idaho asked me.