The One Who Will Save Us All

~Winter's pov~

"All right, so, how much Gravitonium did Talbot use?" I heard Hunter say as I walked into the command center.

"All of it" I answered.

"I mean maybe it's not so bad, I mean, he did just annihilate a bunch of Remorath warlords" Deke pointed out.

"But the side effects of Gravitonium are catastrophic. Ruby absorbed just a fraction..." Simmons started.

"And it drove her insane" I finished.

"Yeah, well, she wasn't all that stable before" Yoyo added.

"Neither was Talbot" May said.

"With his previous brian injury, I fear Talbot will almost certainly suffer a major psychotic break"

"We need to find them"

"The lighthouse only just came back online" Hunter pointed out "It could be hours before all systems are fully functional"

"Where's Mack?" Yoyo asked.

"Went to make sure the threat's been neutralized" Piper told her.

...

The elevator opened and Daisy was there "Where were you?" I asked her.

"May had me drop off Polly and Robin" She said, I knew she was lying.

"Lies. I know that's not all" I told her, as she walked passed me.

"I'm not having this conversation right now, Winter, Coulson's missing" She responded, I followed her.

"Coulson's missing because of you" She turned to look at me "After all your finger-wagging, the same rules don't apply to you?"

"You are the last person who should be giving a lecture right now"

"What's in the bag?" I asked her "Is that what you abandoned us for?"

"It's none of your business" She told me, I grabbed the bag off of her "Winter-" I put the bag down and opened it and there was a skeleton inside.

"What's wrong with-" I started and stood up and she punched me in the face "Oh, so that's how we're doing it?" She went to punch me again, I caught her fist and kicked her in the gut, making her stumble back, I punched her in the gut a couple times and then flipped her over my shoulder and kicked her backwards into the wall "We needed you. People died" and I punched her in the face.

"Don't put that on me!" And she made a quake in her hand.

"Oh, you want to use powers now? Ok?" I replied, she sent a quake my way, but I moved out of the way. We walked towards each other, until a gunshot went off.

"You done?" May asked us.

"May" Daisy started, well blood ran now her nose.

"Satellite just picked up an object outside of Earth's atmosphere. Piper believes it's the Remorath ship"

"When do we leave?" Daisy asked.

"As soon as the artificial gravity's installed in the Zephyr" May replied, Daisy glanced at me and started to walk away.

"She's gonna get everyone killed!" I yelled, May turned to look at me

"We're going to help Coulson. Either find a way to pitch in or don't be here when we get back" and she walked away too.

...

"Guess we just built S.H.I.E.L.D.'s first spaceship" I muttered, still annoyed from early, I turned around and Mack already walked out "Mack. I just wanted to apologize for...locking you up...before. Really wasn't my idea. I actually had-"

"You went along with it" Mack muttered.

"Yeah, well, we were trying to get ahead of the problem" I answered.

"By having Yoyo execute a kid?" He asked, lowered my head and sighed.

"Things got messy, but, I mean, it was the only way that Yoyo-"

"When does killing become the only way? We're S.H.I.E.L.D., not the Red Room. Aren't we supposed to be better than that? None of this would've happened if you would've just said this invincible nonsense wasn't real. But instead you and Hunter lit the match, and now Yoyo's responsible for a girl's death"

"I'm sorry, Mack?" I muttered. "I really am...but it's not that simple"

"Simple...is how you live a good life. Not with your theorize or prophecies. It's following the Good Word and doing the right thing every time, simple as that"

"No, not always, 'cause there are lots of instances in history where- where it was necessary to sacrifice the few in order to save the lives of many..."

"Of course you'd say that" He said and was about to walk away.

"Ruby was dangerous and it got complicated and that is just the way it was" I snapped "So I'm sorry if that doesn't fit...whatever narrative that you've built for yourself"

"You need to look inside yourself and figure out what kind of a person you want to be. 'Cause lately, what you've been, it needs fixing" Mack told me, and walked away.

(A/n

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes, Hope you enjoyed it!)

Word count:796