Self Control

~'Winter's' pov~

"I have so many memories of snow" I said, hearing Hunter walk in "But the truth is, this is the first time I've seen it"

"I have felt this good in years" Hunter replied, I turned to look at him.

"No" I said, realizing he was an LMD too "Oh, god, no. WHat did Radcliffe do?"

"Winter, it's ok" He told me.

"This is why I'm locked up in here!" I exclaimed.

"Hey"

"You're not afraid of what I'll do. You're afraid that they'll discover you!"

"We can help them, too. Winter, this is a good thing. This is a very good thing" He said stepping towards me, I walked passed him.

"How can you possibly think that?"

"I get it. My programming is different than yours, you had to discover that your body had been replaced. You must've felt blindsided"

"Like reality was crashing down" I said.

"Whereas I still have my mind but know exactly what I am and most importantly, I understand a basic truth that you don't realize yet"

"And what's that?"

"That our bodies don't matter" He answered "Radcliffe built a world, a world exactly like this one, every molecular detail the same, just...with a little less hurt for each of us"

"What do you mean, hurt?" I asked.

"Imagine if your greatest regret could be wiped away. Do you know what that would be?"

"...I don't. And you?" He turned around.

"I sometimes wonder what it would've been like if I never met you, all my regrets piled up after that" He answered, I scoffed "The simple life. Now we can have that"

~Time Skip~

"What's going on down there? Is everyone ok?" I asked.

"It's time for you to enter the fight" Hunter told me "You're our last line of defense"

"What do you want me to do?" I asked him, and suddenly the power went off.

~Time Skip~

"Hunter, I have them" I said into my radio.

"Winter, think about what you're doing" Daisy told me.

"I am, or processing, I should say" I replied.

"Please, do you want us to die?" Simmons asked.

"Hunter says that doesn't matter"

"That doesn't sound like Hunter" Daisy answered.

"Either way..." I said. "I won't have to regret this decision"

...

"I thought you said you had them" Hunter said walking in. "Winter? What did you do?"

"What I wanted to" I answered.

"Ok. everything's under control. let 's just-"

"Whose control?" I asked.

"Why don't you and I have a glass of Whiskey, or many, and talk this out, like we always do?"

"We? We've never done that before" and i put my finger over the trigger "You were right. Our programming is different. Are you afraid to die? 'Cause I am. I know I'm not real. I'm all phantom limbs but that doesn't make the pain less real"

"You don't have to feel pain" He answered.

"You say you don't anymore, but that pain, that regret...that's what made you a person...a person I love. My programming was to get the Darkhold that came from Radcliffe. But my impulse, to keep Hunter safe and close, that desire...that came from me" I told him

"That's good" He replied.

"And I'm sorry to say...you're not him" I said and pressed the trigger.

(A/n

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes, Hope you enjoyed it!)

Word count:568