The Last Day

~Winter's pov~

"...Wonder if that means some of us survived the end of the world?" Coulson asked, as I limped into the Zephyr one and took the goggles and mask.

"I doubt I made it" Daisy said, I winced in pain, pulling off the fabric from my leg.

"You ok?" Hunter asked, as blood dripped down my leg.

"Medical, same place" May told me.

"Ok, it's good to see you" I told her.

"Come on" Hunter said, helping me to medical.

2022

"The population is barely holding on. And the water filtration system?" May asked.

"Could go at any minute, just like the solar-power arrays" Fitz added.

"And if we lose supplemental power, we lose climate control. Kicking off a series of cascading failures" Simmons finished.

"We're hanging by a thread" Winter said to them.

"Then we hang on for as long as we can, try to minimize the damage. But Robin said there's another way" May told us.

"Oh, not the girl's bloody time machine again" Hunter sighed.

"It's impossible" Winter told May. "You cannot change time. It's fixed"

"What if it's not?" May asked. "She's been right about everything else, and for us to even have a chance, you, Fitz-Simmons have to design the machine"

"Ok, so, we spend decades on the schematics. What happens when we don't finish the job?"

"Then we trust that someone else will carry on after us" Simmons answered.

"We have to give ourselves the chance" May said.

"This is to remind you" Robin said to May giving her a piece of paper.

"Not today, Robin"

"You gave them everything you could" Robin told us.

...

"That's not a happy face, Jemma" Fitz pointed out.

"The inhibitor's embedded itself in the greater auricular nerve" Simmons told Daisy.

"Ok"

"Removing it requires sophisticated tool and a trained neurosurgeon, neither of which we have, even if we did, the slightest error could paralyze you from the neck down" Simmons explained.

"Ok" Daisy scoffed "So we leave it alone, then"

"We found a literal piece of the puzzle" Coulson said, walking in with a white monolith.

"The monolith, it's been fractured" Simmons pointed out, taking it off of Coulson.

"Where'd you find that?" Deke asked.

"Voss had it in his locker" May told us, I noticed Deke was shocked for some reason.

"The survivors who believed in the prophecy held on to it for years" Coulson finished.

"Here" Fitz said walking over to machine.

"What are we looking at?" I asked.

"The shard fits into the machine right here" Fitz responded.

"Maybe that's how it was able to target the monolith across time, this could be our way home" Simmons told us.

"Yeah, but the shard alone isn't enough. We need the whole monolith" Fitz added.

"It'd be great if Robin could help us fill in the blanks here, Daisy, you knew her first. Maybe you can get through to her" Coulson told Daisy.

"I can try" She replied.

"If she helps us get home, maybe none of this ever happens"

~Time Skip~

"Winter" Hunter started, I looked over to him "Did you lock the door?" he asked with a slightly smirk.

"No" I answered, he looked back to the door.

"Coulson?" Hunter asked, banging on the door "Hey! Coulson! Coulson, we're stuck in here!"

2022

"Too late to stop it! There's so much blood" Robin said.

"May, I've had it" Winter said, dragging Robin behind her "I'm done. She can't control herself, she can't stop seeing how people die, keeps muttering about it" she went to walk out.

"Hold on!" May exclaimed, stopping her.

"She just described Hunter's death" Winter told her "Why don't you tell me how I'm supposed to live with that?"

"I thought I already told you" Robin replied.

"You know she can't help it. She sees death like her father, but she also sees a way out. That's why you designed the machine" May said.

"Oh, you don't get it" She answered and walked over to the designs on the wall "Nothing" started ripping it off the wall "we do...matters. Because we can't change time"

"You don't know that!"

"Of course I do! Because we've tried!" Winter yelled "For all I know, we've tried a thousand times! Always ends the same. It's like a record that keeps on skipping, and we are repeating this loop again and again and again!"

"Winter, take a breath!" May yelled.

"And every time, Hunter dies. They all die...Robin can't change it. Voss couldn't change it. Even Daisy couldn't change it" Winter said "She saw the aftermath and she still destroyed the world"

(A/n

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes, Hope you enjoyed it!)

Word count:786