What They Become

~Winter's pov~

"Hey, you ok?" Hunter asked, I nodded "I heard what happened. With Mack"

"Then you know it was my fault" I replied.

"That's not the story going around, I heard it wasn't Mack that came out of that hole" He told me "You think he's dead"

"Between whatever infected him and the 100-foot drop...when this is all over, I'm gonna cry for, like a week" I went to walk passed him but he put his arm out wrapping it around my waist stopping me.

"Hey, come here" and he hugged me "Mack's one of the best, if he really is gone, then the number of people I trust on this planet just plummeted"

"I didn't think you trusted anyone" I replied, and released me from the hug.

"Moment of weakness. Let's just say I mistrust some less an than others" He said, my phone pinged, I pulled it out my pocket.

"It's Diego, Coulson wanted me to set a meeting" I said and started to walk away "You know, I could use some backup"

"I might know a guy. Want me to see if he's available?" He asked.

"Is he good?"

"One of the best" I nodded "I'll go get my weapons. Then we can go"

~Time Skip~

"Ok, this is bad" I said, looking over to Diego.

"What's bad?" Hunter asked.

"Diego's early and he's wearing a suit" I told him.

"Uh, yeah, you're gonna have to connect the dots on that's bad"

"He's never early and he never wears a suit"

"Oh, well. That clears everything up" Hunter answered, I rolled my eyes, I watched at two men in suits walked towards him and shook his hand.

"Hail Hydra"

"You think he's selling us out?"

"Or selling them out"

"What, you think it's a signal?" Hunter asked.

"I think so"

"You think or you know? Because they're coming right towards us, and if it's not a clue and we're compromised, i need know-" I grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him in for a kiss right as the Hydra guys and Diego walked passed us, I broke off the kiss and opened the piece off paper Diego gave me "So, it was a signal"

"It's an address. Here in San Juan, come on" I told him.

~Time Skip~

"It's not ideal, but assaulting from up here is our best bet" Coulson told us "The narrow corridors reduce Hydra's numerical advantage"

"Sounds perfect, other than the fact that Hydra's drill will be all the way down in the basement" Hunter said.

"What about the comms?" I asked.

"Hydra scans for them" May answered.

"Two goals. Stop the drill, find Skye" Coulson told us.

"Aren't you forgetting a third?" Hunter asked.

"What's that?"

"Don't die out there. We tend to remind each other not to die" I told Coulson.

"Thought that was implicit"

"He likes to hear it"

"Who doesn't like to hear it?" Hunter questioned.

~Time Skip~

"Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic, distant lands, meet exciting, unusual people..." Hunter started, as the Hydra agent continued to fire at us "And kill them" shooting the agent and we continued to walk down the stairs.

(A/n

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes, Hope you enjoyed it!)

Word count:546