Broken Promises

~Winter's pov~

"Due to recent events, S.H.I.E.L.D. is on high alert, this is a serious threat we're facing. Which is why I've assembled you all here today. It is absolutely critical that we safely dispose of the Darkhold. Phil" Mace told us.

"Once the Zephyr's ready. Agents Blood, May and Mackenzie will accompany me. We'll transfer the Darkhold to an Agent who specialize in making items like this disappear" Coulson explained.

"How's he going to manage that, some sort of magic spell?" Radcliffe said, I rolled my eyes, no one answered him "Right, yeah, probably had your fill of dark-arts-jokes, what with a flame-headed demon and all of that"

"While we're handing the book, your mission is to accompany Dr. Radcliffe and erase Aida's hard drive" Coulson said to Fitz and Hunter.

"What?" Radcliffe asked.

"I'm not- I'm not sure-" Fitz started.

"Aida read the Darkhold" Mace told him.

"We can't risk having any of its contents in her memory. It's too dangerous" Coulson added.

"Makes sense, although does seem a little bit unfair to Aida, considering how many lives she just saved" Hunter replied.

"Ok" Mack started, I glanced over to Hunter "First of all, that thing is not a 'she' it's a damn robot, and second of all, what's the matter with you three chuckleheads?" Hunter looked at him confused. "Have any of you seen a movie in the last 30 years? The robots always attack"

"Well, in my defense. They built it I just sat and watched" Hunter answered.

"Well, technically speaking, Aida's not a robot. She's an android" Radcliffe told him.

"That's true" Fitz agreed.

"Android, robot, it doesn't matter what you call 'em, the end result's always the same, they rise up against their human overlords and go kill crazy" Mack argued.

"You make a fair, if somewhat intense, point. Yeah, yeah, I don't see any harm in replacing her hard drive" Radcliffe said to Fitz and Hunter. "Better safe than sorry, as they say"

"So happy you agree, 'cause it's also an order. Now get to work" Mace told us.

~Time Skip~

"First, Maybe we lock up the guy who created this mess" Mack suggested, well me, Radcliffe, Fitz and Hunter walked in.

"Don't- don't be so quick to judge, Aida's programming was perfect, this is- is clearly the Darkhold's fault" Radcliffe replied.

"You're saying reading the Darkhold may have corrupted Aida's programming?" Coulson asked. "Is that even possible?"

"Technically, no, but we are dealing with a book that can read people's minds and also reveal the hidden secrets of the universe, so..." Hunter said.

"I never should have let Aida near that thing" I muttered.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Agent Blood. I, for one, am glad that Aida read that book, otherwise, the three of you would not be standing here alive" Radcliffe answered. "At this very moment"

"Well, book or no book, you're still a big, dumb idiot for building that thing in the first place" Mack told them.

"Let's save that debate for another time. Right now, we need to find Aida and the first step is figuring out what she wants" Coulson said, Radcliffe scoffed.

"Well, that's simple, she wants to live" He responded.

~Time Skip~

"Just sent Aida's photos out to local authorities" I said to everyone, walking back into the common area.