A Life Spent

~Winter's pov~

"So if things don't start picking up around here, I'm gonna be doing some renewing of my own!" Grill yelled "Is that understood"

"Thinking I may have been wrong to trust Grill" Coulson said.

"You think?" I asked.

"This is what we call an understatement, no?" Yoyo asked.

"Well, the alternative was getting shot" Hunter pointed out.

"At least Daisy's not trapped in here" I added.

"Coulson, be careful. They're always watching" Mack told Coulson.

"I know, but Virgil hid this thing, I got to figure out why"

"He did it because this tin-can place makes people crazy" I answered, I felt an electric shot through my wrist and groaned in pain.

"New girl! Work faster!"

"Я покажу тебе быстро, ты-" I muttered.

"Winter" Coulson said cutting me off.

"He zapped me!"

"Come on" Coulson replied. Hunter grabbed a pipe and walked towards Grill offices, but was stuck at the door. I had to watch as Hunter was electrocuted and then punched in the gut. And finally Hunter walked back over.

"Это было глупо. Перестань рисковать ради меня" (That was stupid. Stop taking risks for me) I told him.

"I didn't do it for you" He replied. "I was trying to get a look inside that office, Grill's keeping that scroll in the cabinet behind this desk"

"That thing might get us into the levels where they're keeping Simmons" Coulson added.

"Well, he's got a handgun in there, too" Hunter finished.

"Humans aren't allowed to have guns" Yoyo pointed out.

"Except for murder sports, apparently"

"Well, the point being, we need to tread lightly. Now Yoyo, if you can get in there, maybe we can get that scroll back" Mack told her.

"Nice work, Hunter"

"You see? Not stupid. Recon" Hunter said to me and he walked away.

"Нет, все равно глупо" I muttered.

"...need a few crushers" I heard Tess say "If you want me to pack the belly full on that thing, got anyone expendable?"

"Take the agitator, new girl and their friend" Grill said, glancing over to me, Hunter and Coulson "No big loss if one of these jokers gets caught in the nets"

"If you say so" Tess answered. "Come on, you three"

...

I stepped on the remote to the metrics and Hunter punched Zev in face, knocking him out "Thank you" Coulson said to us.

"We had to. You were all pinned to the wall, flailing around like a bunch of hungry, hungry hippos" I told them.

"Huh" Coulson replied."In my mind, it was cooler than that"

"Oh, this is bad" Tess muttered. "This is beyond bad, what did we just do?"

"We did what we had to" Hunter told her.

"No, you don't understand. We just attacked a superior" She said "We're dead" and looked at Zev unconscious body.

...