Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire

~Winter's pov~

The monitor kept beeping loudly, I sighed annoyed and went to turn it off "Let me get that for you, Agent Blood" Aida said, turning it off. "Apologies. That must have been annoying"

"Incredibly" I answered and Radcliffe walked in. "Oh, speaking of which"

"You seem to be feeling better, Agent Blood. No doubt in part to the care Aida has given to you" Radcliffe told me "Aida's my assistant" something about her didn't seem right, but I couldn't tell what "She's been tending to you since...since the procedure"

"Procedure?" I questioned.

"Dr Radcliffe stopped your heart for seven minutes in order to reboot your central nervous system" Aida replied.

"You did what?" I asked Radcliffe.

"Well, in order to quell the hyperactivity in your reticular activating system, we had to, very carefully, gently...kill you. Just a little bit" Radcliffe added.

"I died"

"Yes, and came back"

"Killed by Radcliffe" I scoffed.

"All for a good cause and hopefully, we've learned a great deal that will help us cure others who have been similarly affected"

"By killing them?" I asked.

"No, no. Well, hopefully not. Agent Fitz and I are working on a chemical solve for this ghost virus. But to do so, we need to run a few more tests" He replied.

"You're saying I can't leave" I said.

"Soon" He nodded "We're close, but Aida will be on hand to help with further testing and to take care of your needs"

"You can trust me with your life, Agent Blood"

~Time Skip~

I heard Fitz, Hunter and Radcliffe talking outside the room "Hunter" I said.

"Hello, Hunter. Always nice to see you" Aida told him.

"Hello" Hunter replied, I could hear the nervousness in his voice. "Um, how, how is everything going in here?"

I sighed "Still waiting for them to finish the test so I can get the hell out of here" I answered, and Hunter came and stood next to my bed.

"Just assessing any last glitches before we send Winter on her way" Radcliffe said, I glanced over to Hunter.

"Good"

"We'll leave the women to it, shall we?" Radcliffe asked.

...

"So, you see, to cease the hormonal cascade produced by the adrenal medulla and prevent further physical degradation..." Aida started.

"You shut off my brain" I finished.

"Exactly" She answered. "I'm glad you understand"

"Oh, that's the only thing I understand"

"The point is, even though you may be feeling better, you suffered some very real, very severe brain trauma" Radcliffe added.

"That said, we're gonna have to keep you just a wee bit longer for further testing" Fitz said to me.

"Just to track your improvements before we release you" Radcliffe finished.

"ты можешь засунуть все свои тесты себе в задницу" I told him.

"Winter..." Hunter warned.

"Excuse me?" Radcliffe asked.

"Agent Blood says you can shove all your tests up your ass" Aida told Radcliffe.

"Well, that's not very nice" Radcliffe replied.

"You speak Russian? Where are you from?" I asked her.

"Well, most of me is Chinese-" She started.

"Canadian. She's a Ca...She's Canadian, Ontario" Fitz interrupted, I could tell he was lying.

"Yep" Hunter agreed.

"Yeah, yeah, big Russian population there, she did move around a lot as a kid, 'cause she's an army brat" Fitz lied "Um, Aida, if you could go and ready the framework for one last scan, please?"

"Of course" She said and walked out.

"Can I talk to Hunter?" I asked them. "Alone" Fitz nodded and he walked out and Radcliffe followed. "Now I see why you've been spending so much time here"

"What?" Hunter asked.

"Aida, she's beautiful"

"Is she? Ah, yeah, she is all right, I guess. I prefer a classical beauty myself"

"She's so real" I replied. "Her...her conversational responses, her range of motion"

"Those are weird things to say about a person" He told me.

"Hunter, she's a robot" I answered, he stayed silent. "You do know that right?"

"Yeah, of course I know, 'cause me and Fitz helped out"

"You mean you just sat and watched"

"Well...okay maybe I did"

"Why didn't you tell me?" I exclaimed quietly.

"Well, I wanted to, but it was supposed to be a secret"

"Oh, my god" I muttered.

"How long did it take for you to figure out?" He asked me.

"As soon as she walked in something just...something was off"

~Time Skip~

"I would like to thank you again, Agent Blood, for all your help" Radcliffe said, as the doorbell rang.

"Yeah, we know the tests were obnoxious enough to make you want to hit someone, just glad that person wasn't me" Fitz told me, I didn't say anything.

"Need a lift?" Coulson asked.

"Desperately" I answered.

"It's good to see you back in fighting form"

"Dying takes a lot out of you"

"I've heard, we should start a club, get some T-shirts made up" Coulson joked. "We got a problem, I need you on this"

"I'm in" I said and turned to Aida "Thank you for your help"

"It was my pleasure, Agent Blood" She answered, I saw Hunter glanced over to me.

"I don't think we've met. Phil Coulson"

"Agent Coulson. I'm Aida"

"My assistant" Radcliffe added, I noticed the look on Simmons' face, she knew.

"Oh. how long have you been lending a hand to our friend Dr. Radcliffe?" Coulson asked.

"Since he gave me hands" She responded.

"Oh. Wow. Impeccable work. I'm a fellow amputee. What happened, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Not at all, I've actually been this way since birth thank God for Dr. Radcliffe and Dr. Fitz's work"

"Couldn't agree more"

(A/n

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes, Hope you enjoyed it!)

Word count:962