Orientation Part Two

~Winter's pov~

"This is Earth" "We're in the future!" Coulson and May said at the same time, well me and Hunter walked over to them.

"What?" Hunter asked.

"It's all destroyed. Coulson, please, tell me it's impossible" Simmons said to him.

"I think we can all agree at this point that anything is possible. Glad you're all right" Coulson told them "Your guy, Virgil, he didn't tell you anything else about this plan to bring us back from the past?"

"I'm just still trying to fit all these ideas inside my skull" Deke replied.

"And you haven't heard anything about a gateway?" Coulson asked him "A rock that transports people?"

"If I had, you think I'd still be here?" Deke asked.

"There was no second monolith when I landed on Maveth" Jemma told us.

"So we'll have to find our own way back" I said, and looked at Simmons.

"Well, I'm a biologist, but sure, I can invent time travel, just give me a minute" Simmon answered.

"Well, without some miracle, then we're stuck here, and we need to stay alive" Coulson added and looked to Deke.

"Oh, and you...you all want me to help you with that, yeah. Well, that's a big surprise. Well, all I can offer you is these, so who's first?" He asked, holding 5 of the black circle things.

"You think I'm gonna let you do that to anyone else?" I questioned.

"You are lucky that I am even offering, the only way to not die is to blend in and work hard, and you can't do either of those things without these" He replied, Coulson took them off him "Come on. Keep moving"

"What do they do? Track us?" Hunter asked.

"I don't think we want that" Coulson pointed out.

"I don't think you have a choice"

"Deke?" Someone asked from behind us.

"Tess, yeah, sure, join the fray" Deke replied.

"You took out the damn trawler? Where's Virgil?" The woman asked him "If you lifted off in that thing without- What? What's wrong with your face?"

"I'm sorry, Virgil's gone" Coulson told her.

"Deke...this true?"

"Roaches got him on three"

"What was he doing on three, Deke?" She asked "That's a sealed-off level"

"This wasn't my-"

"What did you get him into!"

"I- He hired me"

"...You piece of waste"

"Listen!" Deke yelled. "He hired me to hide these people" she glanced around at us

"From where?"

"Well, that's the thing. Remember all that deranged garbage that Virgil was always spouting about people arriving from the past? I think you're looking at 'em" she scoffed.

"That's insane" She replied.

"Doesn't mean it's not true" May spoke up.

"We came through a gateway, some sort of temporal shift" Simmons added.

"I don't want to believe it, either, but look at their clothes, they got matching buttons, not exactly locals" Deke pointed out.

"How can we prove it to you?" Coulson asked. "Here. it's from last year" pulling out a coin "Still shiny"