Emancipation

~Winter's pov~

I walked into the common area and Hunter was in the kitchen. "Hey" I said "How you feeling?"

"Well the best you can be after you get quaked" Hunter answered well trying to put the ice pack on, I walked over to him and did it for him "Thanks" I smiled and he sat down on the of the stools, I opened the fridge "So, what was your mission or whatever you wanna call it" well I grabbed two beers.

"Uh, family business" I replied and passed him the beer.

"Mmm. Really?" He asked, I sighed.

"It was taking down the Red Room" I answered.

"Isn't that the place that taught you to be an assassin?" He asked.

"Yeah" I sighed and opened my bottle of beer.

"What? Is something wrong?" He asked.

"Nope" I said and drank some of my beer and walked out.

~Time Skip~

"Hunter" I said running over to Hunter who was on the floor in the hangar.

"I'm thinking maybe I'm not the Inhuman whisperer" Hunter said, as the Quinjet started to take off.

"Lincoln?" Coulson asked Mack about the Quinjet taking off, Hunter nodded.

"You ran a tight ship, Coulson" Talbot told him, I helped Hunter up as Fitz walked into the hangar.

"Daisy's out of system" He said looking at an ipad.

"That's good news" Talbot answered "Because I'm gonna call the President and have that thing shot out of the sky"

"I'm afraid I can't let you make that call" Coulson objected.

"Are you threatening me after you just let him escape?" Talbot asked.

"He didn't escape" May spoke up, I looked over to her well her and Lincoln were walking over.

"Well, if he wasn't on that jet that just flew out of here, when who the hell was?" Talbot asked them.

"Desperate times, desperate measures"

"We knew Daisy was listening and monitoring our every move, so we couldn't tell anyone" Lincoln told us, well we were back in the base stood around "She had to believe it was all real"

"I communicated with him by leaving messages on his food trays" May added.

"You forgot the message about not hurting his friend" I said.

"Sorry, Hunter, I didn't have any other option" Lincoln replied.

"Hunter wasn't supposed to be there" May responded.

"Excuse me for doing my job"

"The plan depended on Daisy listening to everything, so that she'd trust me and believe that I really wanted out"

"You had me fooled" Talbot spoke up.

"Even though I wanted to, I never trusted Daisy. Not under Hive's control. I knew that she wouldn't be the one to greet me, no matter what she said"

"But what about the other risks?" Mack asked. "Lash could kill Daisy. Did you stop to think about that?"

"It's a risk we had to take" Lincoln answered "But he had the opportunity once before, and he let her go, i don't think he's meant to kill her"

"Who put him on the Quinjet?" Talbot asked.

"I did, while Coulson was keeping you distracted" May said.

"You knew about this?"

"I run a tight ship" Coulson responded.

"Why do you think this Lash can defeat Hive? And who in tarnation names these things?"

"Every Inhuman is here for a reason and serves a purpose. I believe Lash's purpose is to kill Hive" Lincoln told us.

(A/n

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes, Hope you enjoyed it!)

Word count:577